Today I am going to stay away off my computer and enjoy my family. I’m going to play games (like Bananagrams, which is our current daily game), read my book (if you’ve ever considered reading Three Cups of Tea consider this your motivation to do it–it’s great!), and maybe even sneak out on a lunch date with my hubby.
I was thinking about this Fishful Thinking video that I adore, and thought I’d share it with those of you who didn’t see it when I posted it originally back in April of last year.
And I’ll leave you with these great tips for raising optimistic kids from Fishful Thinking:
- Let them try new things…..even if they don’t always work out.
- Tell them to dream big….but to start small.
- Encourage them to learn from others….but to always be themselves.
- Make sure they do a little something every day….and a little nothing every day.
- Help them to notice what’s nice….and to deal with what’s not.
- Encourage them to look outside themselves….and inside themselves.
© 2010 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.
It's so much fun to “meet” other FT women! I am off to check out your
site now. Thanks for visiting!
Diana @ Down in the Sun says
Love the post and glad to see that others are linking up with Kelli's FT Thursdays too!
That is really cute! I've never seen that before! Thanks for sharing!
Kelli @ writingthewaves says
Definitely great tips and inspiring little video. Glad you shared this today!
I had a day pretty much away from the computer yesterday. Today I hope to have another one. I am reading The Dive from Claussen's Pier for book club, and I did not read yesterday. MUST read today. I picked up Three Cups of Tea the other night at Borders and was not sure. I will have to keep an eye out for it. I hope you enjoy your day!