Looking for a last minute gift for someone on your list this holiday? There’s still time! (Amazon says that the deadline for orders if you want them to arrive by Christmas is Sunday night, 12/22!). I received a RAVPower 5-in-1 FileHub to feature here on Better in Bulk. All opinions are my own. Amazon affiliate links included.
This is a great little gadget to have ALL year long. Here is an over-view of what the RAVPower 5-in-1 FileHub can do:
- Transfer photos/movies/music between iOS and Android Devices, or between mobile devices and SD Card/USB HDD
- Charge smart phones (or anything that can be charged thru USB) with the built-in 3000 mAh power bank/ External Battery Pack
- Connect up to 5 devices (laptop, mobile phone, tablet, desktop computer, etc) at the same time
- WiFi Hotspot: Can connect to your existing WiFi network so you can share files and access internet at the same time
- Act as a wireless storage for your mobile phone, tablet, etc
I received my RAVPower 5-in-1 FileHub just before leaving on my trip to California last month. Perfect timing! Since I don’t own a laptop, I always worry about being gone from my computer for extended periods of time. While I am able to do almost all of my work on my iPad with an external keyboard, it’s a challenge to deal with all of the pictures that I take with my dSLR during my trips. I typically just resort to taking a few pictures with my phone and using those to write my blog posts while I’m away.
With the 5-in-1 FileHub, however, I was able to connect to the device’s WiFi while I was in the car, on the airplane – literally anywhere! I popped my SD card into the slot on the Filehub, opened up the free file managing app (see below), and was able to view, save, and edit my pictures on the go.
Another awesome feature of the 5-in-1 FileHub is that I can load files (documents, images, and even movies) that I know I’m going to need while I’m away from my computer (this is perfect for the frequent traveler or the person who likes to work at Starbucks for the day).
When I’m not sharing files, I can use the FileHub to charge my cell phone – something that I need to do often when I’m out!
I like the fact that the RAVPower 5-in-1 FileHub is slim and light – it’s just slightly wider than my cell phone, so it fits easily into my purse. At $44.99 on Amazon right now (that’s a HUGE savings, so grab it up!) it’s a great value and a perfect gift.
FREE Apps to use with the RAVPower 5-in-1 FileHub
Tips and tricks:
Once you’ve got your RAVPower 5-in-1 FileHub, use these tips to easily connect to your favorite device:
- The default Wireless Name for the device is WiFiSD-158E
- The default SSID (wireless key) is 11111111
Who on your gift list this year would love the RAVPower 5-in-1 FileHub?
© 2013, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.