I made this delicious and simple recipe for Roasted Cajun Cauliflower and Sausage using Johnsonville® Italian Sausage as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. All opinions, enthusiasm and photos are my own. Follow #MeatballMasters on your favorite social networks for more delicious recipes using Johnsonville®.
I’ve been craving cauliflower lately and bought a head of cauliflower just for the heck of it, hoping that I’d come up with a good way to cook it up. Since I’ve also been looking for a delicious way to cook the Johnsonville® Italian Sausage I had in my fridge, I decided that the most perfect solution would be to cook them together. I found a recipe on About.com that was a great starting point, and I was thrilled with the result.
Even better…so was the family. I love when I hear rave reviews from my family members, especially when it’s a meal with lots of veggies!
I love that the sausage and seasoning along with cauliflower make this a dish that is low carb, filling and full of flavor. No sauce or pasta needed. All simple ingredients.
Roasted Cajun Cauliflower and Italian Sausage
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoons dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon seasoned salt (omit if your Cajun seasoning has salt in it)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) package Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat the oven to 425° F. Lightly grease a large baking dish (9×13 casserole or large round) with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl toss the cauliflower with Cajun seasoning, parsley, pepper, and salt. Set aside.
- Brown whole sausage links in skillet on all sides (you don’t have to cook through). Remove from skillet and slice. Saute onion and sliced sausage in a large skillet until browned and cooked through.
- Add the sausage and onion mixture to the cauliflower and toss, along with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking dish and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, stirring a few times during roasting. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 3 to 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
My family is totally hooked on Johnsonville® Sausage. About a week ago, we used Johnsonville® ground Italian Sausage to make Italian Sausage and Tomato Soup, and it was crazy how much everyone loved it. I am totally sold on the quality of Johnsonville® meatballs and sausage, and can’t wait to see what we come up with next for family dinner with Johnsonville®.
Have you ever made meatballs, rigatoni, or other pasta dishes with Italian Sausage? We love to use sausage in dishes in place of ground beef. One of the best things about Johnsonville® Italian Sausage is that it has built-in seasonings that deliver full-flavor to any dish that you add it to. You should check out the Italian meatballs and rigatoni made with Johnsonville® Italian Sausage. How do you like to cook with Italian sausage? I’d love to hear about your favorite recipes, too!
© 2015 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.