Sea salt and caramel were made to go together, don’t you think? They certainly play nicely in this sea salt caramel cashew granola!
Ever since I made my first batch of pumpkin seed granola back in October, I’ve been obsessed with trying new varieties of homemade granola to make at home. It’s seriously SO easy, and it couldn’t be more delicious!
I eat my homemade granola as a crunchy snack throughout the day, but it is also delicious on top of a cup of yogurt or sprinkled on top of a smoothie.
How do you like to eat your granola?
Homemade Sea Salt Caramel Cashew Granola
Note: Amazon affiliate links are used to help you find ingredients and supplies that you might not have on your pantry shelves already.
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
- Mix oats, chopped cashews, pumpkin seeds, and salt in a medium bowl; stir to combine.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, heat honey and coconut oil on medium heat for 40-60 seconds. Stir in caramel sauce vanilla extract.
- Pour the hot honey/caramel mixture over the oat and nuts mixture, and stir so that the dry ingredients are evenly coated with the wet ingredients.
- Spread the granola mixture evenly onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat. Sprinkle with some additional coarse sea salt.
- Bake the oats at 350° for about 5 minutes; stir. Bake for another 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet. After granola has cooled, break it into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Seriously, guys. This sea salt caramel cashew granola is amazing. And it’s a pretty filling snack that is SO much better for you than picking up a pack of fruit snacks or a store-bought sugar-filled granola bar (not that I would EVER do that…).
Be sure to check out my other granola recipes! Click on the images below to see the recipes:
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.