I was able to see a local screening of Disney’s Tomorrowland this past week with 3 of my kids. While the movie was free, thoughts are my own, as always. This review does not contain spoilers. All photos are courtesy of Disney. Title added on first image by me.
Disney has done it once again. They’ve made a movie that completely blew me away. Tomorrowland, the latest film from Disney Studios (which is out in theaters now!), surprised and delighted me.
Although I had seen several trailers for the movie and read the official boilerplate, I realized after seeing it that what we are told about the movie before hand is very limited. We are only given a small window into the story and the characters. I enjoyed having so much of the storyline a complete mystery. It made my viewing of the movie so much more exciting.
We saw our screening in IMAX, and I highly recommend choosing IMAX if you have the opportunity. The kids even commented to me as we left the theater that “that was spectacular!”
5 Reasons You’ll Love Tomorrowland
My kids that came along with me – ages 10, 14, and almost 16 – all enjoyed the movie and couldn’t wait to tell their friends to go see it. Here are 5 reasons I think you’ll love Tomorrowland, too:
- Tomorrowland is a family-friendly adventure. As a mom of older kids (between 10 an 18), I appreciate action movies that my kids and I can watch together (without those mom-cringe-worthy scenes and language in action movies geared towards adults). A little word of caution for younger kids: there are several scenes with robot violence…but the robots look like humans. That might throw off some younger or more sensitive children.
- Tomorrowland has a wonderful message of HOPE. There are so many distopian movies out there that paint a picture of gloom about the horrible future that we’ve created for ourselves. Tomorrowland stands out to me because it doesn’t focus on the doom, but instead focuses on the idea that we can change our own futures. We can write out own stories.
- Tomorrowland celebrates creativity and academics. To say that the two main children that the story of Tomorrowland revolves around are very intelligent is an understatement. But this is not just a story about smart kids. It’s a story about using our brains and our creativity to make a difference. I love that message for my kids!
- Tomorrowland has stellar acting. As much as I love George Clooney (and he did a fantastic job in his role as the brilliant Frank Walker), it was Britt Robertson (as Casey), Raffey Cassidy (as Athena) and Thomas Robinson (as young Frank) that stole the show for me. They each handled a complex story beautifully.
- Tomorrowland is a unique and thrilling sci-fi story. We love sci-fi in our family, so I was thrilled that Disney decided to make a family-friendly sci-fi movie! The story surprised me…it was not what I was expecting. it was so much more. I was very touched by the empowering and uplifting messages throughout.
About Disney’s Tomorrowland:
From Disney comes two-time Oscar® winner Brad Bird’s “Tomorrowland,” a riveting mystery adventurestarring Academy Award® winner George Clooney. Bound by a shared destiny, former boy-genius Frank (Clooney), jaded by disillusionment, and Casey (Britt Robertson), a bright, optimistic teen bursting with scientific curiosity, embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space known only as “Tomorrowland.” What they must do there changes the world — and them — forever.
Featuring a screenplay by “Lost” writer and co-creator Damon Lindelof and Brad Bird, from a story by Lindelof & Bird & Jeff Jensen, “Tomorrowland” promises to take audiences on a thrill ride of nonstop adventures through new dimensions that have only been dreamed of. The film also stars Hugh Laurie as brilliant scientist David Nix, Raffey Cassidy, Tim McGraw, Kathryn Hahn, Keegan-Michael Key and Thomas Robinson.
“Tomorrowland” is produced by Damon Lindelof, Brad Bird and Jeffrey Chernov and directed by Brad Bird, with John Walker, Bernard Bellew, Jeff Jensen and Brigham Taylor serving as executive producers.
TOMORROWLAND is rated PG and is now playing in theaters everywhere!
- Like TOMORROWLAND on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DisneyTomorrowland
- Follow Disney Pictures on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DisneyPictures
- Visit the official TOMORROWLAND website: Disney.com/Tomorrowland
© 2015, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.