I have never worn contacts, and hardly ever wear glasses (though as I get older, I fear that I should wear them more often than I do) so I admit it can be tough for me to relate to my husband and three children who really need glasses. KitKat began hinting and then blatantly asking for contacts a few years ago, and last June I was finally able to get them for her. She has loved them and done so well with them that my contact-apprehension is nearly gone.
I wasn’t considering contacts for Necco quite yet because every mother knows that to give something coveted to a younger sibling at a younger age than the older sibling got it…..you’re in for some major complaining. I put off the contact exam with Necco’s eye doctor to avoid the cries of “That’s so unfair! I didn’t get mine until…..” and so on.
But when Necco was given the opportunity to try out the Bausch & Lomb SofLens Daily Disposable Contacts, I jumped at the chance. Necco was more than thrilled when she heard the news and proceeded to tell all of her friends, her grandparents, the neighbors…and her siblings.
Necco’s exam went well, but learning to put the SofLens in her eye took quite a bit of practice. Apparently, the softer, more breathable lens is more wobbly than what CandyMan and KitKat are used to. Within a week of wearing the new Soflens daily contacts, though, Necco had mastered the process and she now puts her contacts in almost instantly. She loves them! She is acting more confident, and I honestly love for her to be able to show off her amazing eyes.
The thing I love the most about the Soflens Daily contacts is the fact that Necco throws them away every day. No longer do I have to worry about where she sets her glasses (too often the flower or the side of the living room couch).There is also no worrying about the contacts getting lost or damaged. If a contact gets a tear, toss it in the trash!
Unlike most contact lenses, daily disposable contact lenses are designed to be worn once, and then thrown away. You start each day with a fresh, new pair. Here are just a few other advantages:
* You don’t have to worry about using lens cases to store your lenses
* No need to clean or disinfect your contact lenses since you simply throw them away once you’ve worn them
* You don’t have to buy contact lens solution
* If you accidently tear or lose your contact lenses, it is inexpensive to replace and you probably have a spare
* Simple packaging makes it easy to pack contact lenses in your travel bag, gym bag, or even your purse.
* Today, daily disposable contact lenses are more affordable than ever – even comparable to 2-week lenses.
* Minimal protein build up helps your vision stay sharp
* Great for people with allergies since pollen and other allergens require more frequent replacement of contact lenses
So far we are loving the SofLens Daily Disposable Contacts. I think I may have a VERY hard time convincing her she ever wants to go back to wearing her glasses. You can connect with and find out more about them with SofLens/Bausch&Lomb on Facebook.
Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a test drive campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Bausch + Lomb and received the product necessary to facilitate my review. In addition, Mom Central sent me a gift certificate to thank me for taking the time to participate.
© 2010, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.