This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of AllWhites Egg Whites for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
I have to eat a filling breakfast every morning or I won’t make it past 10:00am. I’ve never been a huge fan of cold cereal, and frankly a lot of the standard hot breakfast foods aren’t exactly healthy.
Last week, I surprised my husband with a hot breakfast after the kids left for school. It was such a hit with both of us that we’ve already had it twice…the second time was for lunch a couple of days later.
Not only did these spinach and feta wraps taste amazing, but they were guilt-free AND filling (something that is hard to come by!). They would have fit perfectly in with my Weight Watchers eating last year while I was trying to lose weight (the AllWhites Egg Whites are 0 PointsPlus!)…and, really, I’m kind of always trying to lose weight, so tasty, good-for-me meals like this are exactly what I need. These tasty wraps have 26 grams of protein and they’re a low 362 calories, making them a great meal option for those interested in fitness and weight-management.
Spinach and Feta Wraps with AllWhites® Egg Whites
- 1 cup AllWhites® egg whites
- 2 tsp. prepared basil pesto
- 1-1/2 cup chopped fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup Crystal Farms® Wisconsin Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 2 (2 oz.) whole-wheat flat breads
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Spray a nonstick 10-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Beat AllWhites egg whites and pesto together with a fork in medium bowl. Pour into skillet. Stir in spinach. As eggs start to set, lift the edges with a spatula, allowing uncooked eggs to flow to bottom of skillet. Cook until eggs are set but still moist. Sprinkle with feta; cover and cook 1 minute longer. Cut in half.
- Spread mayonnaise on flatbread. Top with tomatoes, then eggs. Roll up and secure with a toothpick or wrap in parchment.
This recipe can be easily doubled for a family lunch.
This was the first time I’ve cooked with AllWhites® Egg Whites, but it definitely won’t be the last. They were so easy to use, and the wraps turned out simply perfect. Here are a few facts about AllWhites®:
AllWhites® Egg White products are:
- 100% liquid egg whites with no yolk
- Naturally fat-free, cholesterol-free
- Located in the refrigerated dairy section
- A healthy alternative to recipes that call for eggs
- A lean source of protein that’s easily kept on hand
- 0 PointsPlus® value per serving on the Weight Watchers® program
Connect with AllWhites® Egg Whites:
AllWhites Egg Whites on Facebook
AllWhites Egg Whites on Pinterest
AllWhites Egg Whites Favorites
© 2015 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.
These look sooo good! So tasty and so healthy! Can’t wait to try them.
This looks delicious and healthy. Thank you for sharing with us at #HomeMattersParty. We would love to have you again next week.
Yum — These sound delicious! Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday!
These look delicious! I’m always struggling to get enough servings of veggies into my meals, especially in the morning, so I love that this recipe gives me a head start on that!
Janet Vinyard says
Hi Lolli, This sounds so good – all the flavors go together so well! Thanks for sharing this recipe! Blessings, Janet
Kathryn @ Family Food on the Table says
I can definitely see eating this for breakfast or lunch! What a great quick meal to throw together to keep me full and ready to go!
This looks so yummy and easy to make. I am pinning for sure. Thanks for sharing and I’ve enjoying being here. I would love for you to share your post at a linking party I am hosting. We love to have you. Thank you. https://diy180site.blogspot.com/2016/07/dishing-it-digging-it-link-party-106.html
These would be perfect in the kids’ lunches, pinned!
Ahh! You made my day! :) Thank you!
Brenda G says
First and foremost, swoon!
Like can we take a few minutes to admire this food.
And we’re a lot alike because I cannot for the life of me survive without a good meal especially in the morning.