I have to eat a filling breakfast every morning or I won’t make it past 10:00am. I’ve never been a huge fan of cold cereal, and frankly a lot of the standard hot breakfast foods aren’t exactly healthy.
Last week, I surprised my husband with a hot breakfast after the kids left for school. It was such a hit with both of us that we’ve already had it twice…the second time was for lunch a couple of days later.
Not only did these spinach and feta wraps taste amazing, but they were guilt-free AND filling (something that is hard to come by!). They would have fit perfectly in with my Weight Watchers eating last year while I was trying to lose weight (the AllWhites Egg Whites are 0 PointsPlus!)…and, really, I’m kind of always trying to lose weight, so tasty, good-for-me meals like this are exactly what I need. These tasty wraps have 26 grams of protein and they’re a low 362 calories, making them a great meal option for those interested in fitness and weight-management.
Spinach and Feta Wraps with AllWhites® Egg Whites
- 1 cup AllWhites® egg whites
- 2 tsp. prepared basil pesto
- 1-1/2 cup chopped fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup Crystal Farms® Wisconsin Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 2 (2 oz.) whole-wheat flat breads
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Spray a nonstick 10-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Beat AllWhites egg whites and pesto together with a fork in medium bowl. Pour into skillet. Stir in spinach. As eggs start to set, lift the edges with a spatula, allowing uncooked eggs to flow to bottom of skillet. Cook until eggs are set but still moist. Sprinkle with feta; cover and cook 1 minute longer. Cut in half.
- Spread mayonnaise on flatbread. Top with tomatoes, then eggs. Roll up and secure with a toothpick or wrap in parchment.
This recipe can be easily doubled for a family lunch.
This was the first time I’ve cooked with AllWhites® Egg Whites, but it definitely won’t be the last. They were so easy to use, and the wraps turned out simply perfect. Here are a few facts about AllWhites®:
Connect with AllWhites® Egg Whites:
© 2015 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.