With me as their mother, it’s not a surprise that my kids are not star athletes. However, they have each tried a few sports – from soccer to football to swim/dive to basketball to track. And they are naturally active like kids should be.
Add in a few injuries and pre-dispositions (a broken or a sprained ankle here, a painful foot condition there…) and we are often pulling out the ankle braces or wraps. Seriously, you’d be amazed at how often I am wrapping ankles around here.
DID YOU KNOW? Each year, more than 3.5 million children under age 14 receive medical treatment for sports-related injuries, with strains and sprains among the most common complaints.
I get several packages around here, and always experience a varying level of excitement from my family members when I open up a box. On Wednesday evening, a small package arrived and my daughter #2 (Necco) saw the contents first – SAFESKIN® Kids Sport Wrap. Normally, I wouldn’t think that sports wraps would be that exciting, but she immediately “claimed” them. Necco is one of my kids with an existing foot condition called Severs Disease, and I often see her wrapping her feet after playing sports or hiking.
I even caught Necco playing with the sports wraps this morning before school…
She asked if she could wear them to school. I let her. And since they can be wrapped and re-wrapped (and are self-adhesive) she was able to get attention all day long with her fake injuries. Oh, the life and joys of a 7th grader.
DID YOU KNOW? April is National Youth Sports Safety Month
In all seriousness, though, bandages and wraps are crucial for sports season (or clumsy season, which is year-round in my house). I wrap my right ankle regularly because of recurring swelling and pain (yes, I am falling apart.)
About SAFESKIN® Kids Sport Wrap:
- SAFESKIN® Kids Sport Wrap is a great option for on-the-go sports moms’ first aid kits – it’s self adhesive, water resistant, reusable, latex free and does not need clips or pins to secure it in place.
- SAFESKIN® Kids Sport Wrap is the first colored sports wrap designed specifically for children and teens and is available in red and blue.
- SAFESKIN® Kids Sport Wrap is excellent for first aid applications like securing bandages or splints and protecting and cushioning wounds.*
- SAFESKIN® Kids Sport Wrap offers kids the superior support needed to get back in the game with bright, fun colors that highlight team spirit and self-expression – not the boring, dull beige wraps adults use.
- SAFESKIN® Kids Sport Wrap can be purchased at Walmart for $3.94
We took the Safeskin Sports Wrap challenge. What will YOU be using them for this season?
Enter the SAFESKIN $100 Walmart gift card Giveaway!
I am giving away a $100 Walmart Giftcard (that means you can get a sports wrap for everyone in the family and still have a ton left over to buy something fun!). The giveaway will end on May 3, so hurry and get all your entries in. Winner will be announced on the blog and emailed for confirmation and mailing address. Enter on the Rafflecopter form below (it will load, I promise. Just go get a drink of water and come back and it will be ready for ya!).
Don’t miss the Printable SAFESKIN coupon for 50 cents off the product
Disclosure: I received compensation from Kimberly-Clark Professional in the form of a gift card to participate in this campaign promoting the Sport Some Color SAFESKIN Kids Sport Wrap Challenge. The winner of this giveaway will be randomly chosen. In addition, Kimberly-Clark Professional provided the giveaway gift card. All thoughts, opinions, and weak ankles are my own.
© 2012, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.