This post is sponsored by Pepperidge Farm in conjunction with Blog Meets Brand and I have been compensated for my participation. All opinions are my own.
I love bread. I love it toasted. I love it fresh baked and warm. I love it plain. I love it with butter and honey. I love it loaded with meats and veggies. But not all bread is created equal.
The bread you use can make or break a sandwich. I prefer a hearty bread for sandwiches, and I’ve just found the best sandwich bread ever from a brand I’ve known and trusted for ages. I’m excited to introduce you to Pepperidge Farm® Harvest Blends™ bread and a delicious (and easy!) hot sandwich I made this past week. Harvest Blends™ bread comes in these three variety:
- Harvest Blends Seeded Grain: with sunflower, flax and sesame (delightfully crunchy, a little toasty)
- Harvest Blends Sprouted Grain: made with sprouted whole wheat (perfectly soft, touch of molasses)
- Harvest Blends Ancient Grain: a touch of amaranth, quinoa, sorghum and teff (robust flavor, subtly sweet)
I tried all three and love each one. They are so soft, but they’re also hearty and filling. I love that they taste more like my fresh baked bread than something off the shelf. They’re especially delicious toasted with some melted butter, or grilled with some cheese. Yum!
I took a toasted, cheesy sandwich to the next level with my sun dried tomato tuna panini. I made it the other day for lunch, and my husband, who had just made himself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on a boring slice of bread, was insanely jealous of my gourmet sandwich made with Harvest Blends Ancient Grain. I have to admit…it was a beautiful sandwich!
Luckily, it’s so easy to make, using just a few ingredients, and is ready in less than 10 minutes.
Sun Dried Tomato Tuna Panini
- 1/4 cup tuna in water, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 Tbsp sun dried tomato, diced
- 2 slices Muenster cheese
- 1/4 tsp each paprika and garlic powder
- Olive oil (about 1-2 Tbsp)
- 2 slices Pepperidge Farm® Harvest Blends™ Ancient Grain bread
- Heat a panini press/griddle to medium-high. Or preheat a small skillet on the stove.
- In a small bowl, mix drained tuna, chopped spinach, sun dried tomato, paprika, and garlic powder. Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and mix with a fork.
- Place a slice of cheese on a piece of bread; spread tuna mixture over top; add another piece of cheese and then another slice of bread on top to form a sandwich. Brush olive oil on the outside of the sandwich.
- Place sandwich on a panini press or skillet and toast until both sides are golden brown and cheese is melted.
You are going to love this hearty, delicious toasted sandwich!
PS – I had pity on my husband and shared some of my sandwich with him…
What are your favorite kinds of sandwiches to make? Which of the Harvest Blends breads are you most excited to try?
Connect with Pepperidge Farm:
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.
Thank you! I had a lot of fun coming up with the recipes!
Grace H says
All of your 15 minute dinners look so delicious and they are so creative! I love tuna, I eat it every couple of days.
Julie Wood says
This is a delicious recipe using tuna. I like how healthy it is and I am going to make this for me and the kids!
That looks delicious. I would love one of these breads in a gluten free version, as I have celiac. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty.
The more we add to the sandwich, the less our kids want to eat it. We usually just stick with a variety of meat and cheese.
Cynthia R says
I’m a sucker for panini, melts, but add cheese, fresh spinach and sun dried tomatoes, and I’m hooked!