I created a quick and easy recipe using Bumble Bee® Prime Fillet® Albacore Tuna With Sundried Tomatoes & Olive Oil as part of a sponsored series with Socialstars. All content and opinions are my own. #TunaStrong
Lunch is my most challenging meal of the day, but it is often my favorite. Love to eat it. Hate to spend the time making it.
I love a good sandwich or a hearty salad, but I don’t always have the time (or take the time, really) to make a good lunch for myself. When I’m in the middle of my work day, I rarely feel like stopping to make myself something to eat.
This past week, I was challenged to make a recipe with Bumble Bee® Prime Fillet® Albacore Tuna With Sundried Tomatoes & Olive Oil. I immediately thought of a hot sandwich, because I’ve always loved melty, cheesy tuna sandwiches.
I loved what I came up with. This was no ordinary tuna sandwich!
The sundried tomatoes and olive oil add a unique taste to this tuna, but the thing I love most about Bumble Bee® Prime Fillet® Albacore Tuna With Sundried Tomatoes & Olive Oil is the convenience. How often can you find something so good for you and so convenient to use and serve?
- 1 can Bumble Bee® Prime Fillet® Albacore Tuna With Sundried Tomatoes & Olive Oil
- 2 slices hearty bread of your choice
- 2 slices cheese (I used Provolone)
- About ½ cup fresh spinach
- 1 wedge of spreadable soft cheese (ie, Laughing Cow) – I used Creamy Swiss Garlic and Herb
- 2-3 tablespoons of avocado
- Olive oil
- Layer sliced cheese, spinach, then tuna (I drained a little of the olive oil first) on one slice of bread.
- In a small bowl, mix avocado and soft cheese and then spread on the other slice of bread. Put the slices together to make sandwich.
- Brush the outside of the sandwich with a little olive oil and place on a hot panini maker or toast in a toaster oven until bread is lightly toasted and cheese is melted.
- Slice and eat while hot. Yum!
This Sundried Tomato Tuna Panini comes together in just 10 minutes, but it tastes like a gourmet lunch! Who doesn’t love when healthy and easy come together?
I can’t wait to try the other varieties of Bumble Bee® tuna. I had no idea that there were so many delicious flavor combinations. Since I know that I can always have a can of tuna on hand, maybe I won’t hesitate to make a delicious lunch for myself so often.
How would you use Bumble Bee® Prime Fillet® Albacore Tuna With Sundried Tomatoes & Olive Oil? Next time, I’m trying it in a salad!
Connect with Bumble Bee®
© 2015 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.