This post about taking control of your breast health and comfort – and my experience using Violet Iodine Supplements – is sponsored by Violet. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Note: I am not a medical professional and this is simply my personal experience taking this supplement. Please talk to your doctor with any health questions or concerns.
Take Control Of Your Breast Health & Comfort
I’m sure you’ve heard the concept “you don’t appreciate something til it’s gone.” That phrase has been going through my mind the last 2 months as I’ve taken Violet – a daily non-prescription molecular iodine supplement that addresses menstrual-related breast discomfort and alleviates the symptoms associated with fibrocystic breast condition (FBC) including tenderness, swelling, aches and heaviness. Before starting Violet, I never would have said that I had a huge problem with period-related breast tenderness. It was just something that happened before I started my period. It wasn’t a “problem.”
I was curious to see if I’d notice a difference since, in my mind, the problem I was addressing wasn’t huge. Imagine my surprise, then, when I started my period unexpectedly. My first clue that Violet was working was that one of my normal “warning signs” that my period was coming – tender, achy, swollen breasts – was completely and totally absent. I was actually kind of surprised last month. My first reaction was, “Wow. Maybe this was a bigger problem than I thought.” Why? Because it’s a background symptom that I’ve gotten used to. It’s not so painful to be debilitating, but it’s definitely not comfortable.
My period came and went, as it has a tendency to do, and I was even more determined to continue taking Violet – particularly to see if I had the same result the second month. I did. Wow. I am sold and totally hooked. I didn’t appreciate the pain and discomfort until it was gone…and now I never want it back again. I’ve decided to take control of my breast health AND comfort with Violet.
What is Fibrocystic Breast Condition?
Did you know that up to 50% of women experience fibrocystic breast condition? FBC is a benign condition, but the discomfort is very real.
Symptoms vary from woman to woman, but here are a few common symptoms. Can you relate?
- Your breasts become tender to the touch when your period is coming.
- Your breasts may feel heavy, swollen and lumpy or even dense and hard. You cringe at the thought of hugging and avoid intimacy.
- You forego certain types of exercise and change sleeping positions because it hurts or feels uncomfortable.
- You have to upsize your bra and wear non-restrictive clothing or wear a sports bra all day!
In women with FBC, the relationship between cell growth and cell death is out of balance, which leads to excess breast tissue resulting in breast discomfort. Molecular iodine has been demonstrated to normalize this imbalance and consequently alleviate the associated symptoms of breast tenderness, swelling, heaviness and aches, while promoting breast health.(1)
The unique, patented molecular iodine formula targets breast tissue (2) and can reduce the breast cell build-up that results in breast discomfort.(1) With consistent daily use, Violet iodine has been shown to help maintain healthy breast tissue.
(1) These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
(2) Iodine is also delivered to other tissues in the body.
A Few Words About Breast Health (And Why You Should Take Control!)
- Diet, exercise, self screenings and mammograms are all important ways that women – at any age – can take care of their breast health.
- Violet iodine is an easy, non-hormone daily supplement that can also help promote breast health by proactively helping to restore the natural, healthy balance of breast cells. Additionally, when maintaining a daily regimen, it helps to reduce the symptoms associated with menstrual-related breast discomfort, so women know it’s working each month!
- Breast tissue is composed of milk ducts, milk glands, connective and fatty tissue.
- Women with dense breasts have more fibrous tissue than fatty tissue. Having dense breasts affects women in two ways:
- Dense breast tissue makes it harder for radiologists to see cancer so mammograms can be less accurate in women with this condition.
- Having dense breast tissue might also increase your risk of getting breast cancer, although it’s unclear at this time why dense breast tissue is linked to breast cancer risk.
- For some women, the menstrual-related breast discomfort can be moderate-to-severe and the majority of women think that there is nothing that can be done and as a result, do not seek treatment.
- A recent survey revealed that 87 percent of women think this discomfort is normal.
- Eighty-one percent have not consulted a doctor about their breast discomfort or tenderness.
Where to Buy Violet Daily Molecular Iodine
You can find Violet for $19.99 at select CVS stores; Click here for CVS store near you as well as other retailers.
© 2015, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.