I’m excited to welcome Claire from SumoChef for this guest post recipe today. Don’t these brownies look amazing??
For someone who loves baking, I make sure that I whip up unique and straightforward recipes for anyone to enjoy. It’s fun trying to mix everything together and create the perfect outcome, with just about everyone enjoying it. One of the things I have always wanted to put together is cream cheese and chocolate! I do love myself a chocolate cheesecake, but I decided to do something different and create a sweet cream cheese icing to be topped on a moist and chocolatey brownie. And that is how the Brownie Cream Cheese recipe came to be!
Delicious and loved by everyone, it’s not only a delight to eat, but very easy to make. So read on as I show you how to create this yummy brownie!
Brownie Cream Cheese Recipe
- 3.5 ounces (100 grams) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (120 grams) cake flour
- 4 Tablespoons (25 grams) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup (150 grams) melted butter
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) sugar
- 4 Tablespoons (25 grams) chopped almonds
- optional: 2 Tablespoons (30 milliliters) coffee
- Prepare the cream cheese and place it in a bowl, beating it until it's mashed. Add the icing sugar and vanilla extract, whisking all ingredients until it's creamy. Crack one egg into the bowl and beat until smooth.
- Sift the cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda into a bowl and set it aside.
- In another bowl, add melted butter with the sugar, stirring until well incorporated. Then insert the other egg, whisking all the ingredients until beaten and combined. Pour the coffee and add the sifted flour mixture, mixing everything until it has the consistency of brownie batter.
- Set aside one small portion of the brownie batter and add it to an icing pipe. With the rest of the brownie batter, fold in the almonds and mix everything together until the almonds and batter are blended.
- Put the brownie batter in a nine-inch brownie pan, using a spatula to even out the layer. Add the cream cheese mixture after that, spreading or moving the pan around until the cream cheese is spread evenly around the brownie batter.
- With the small portion of brownie batter, squeeze and add vertical lines onto the brownie mixture. After that, use a toothpick to swirl lines for an attractive design.
- Bake the brownies for 55 to 65 minutes at 150 degrees Celsius (approximately 300° F). Once the brownies are baked, turn off the oven and take the pan out, covering it with foil. Put it back in the oven to let it cool for a few minutes.
- Take out the brownies and cut it into even sliced. Serve and enjoy!
Pro-Tips to Follow:
Wondering what you can do to make this Brownie Cream Cheese recipe even better? Check these pro tips out!
- Avoid letting your cream cheese sit out for too long to prevent any bacteria from coming into it. As much as possible, use all fresh ingredients at room temperature, preparing and using it within two hours.
- If you’re a coffee drinker, these brownies are delicious served with a cup of coffee. For the kids, pair it with ice cream or top it with slivers of pistachio for a crunch!
- If you’re having a hard time sifting, I recommend that you invest in a good flour sifter to make things much easier. The better equipment you have, the more chances you have at improving!
- When twirling the piped brownie batter and cream cheese mixture, I recommend you to swirl it in random directions or circles, making it look like they have cute circles and swirls on top.
If you’re looking for the perfect dessert you and your family will love, then I would have to recommend the Brownie Creamcheese! With the slightly bitter chocolate flavors mixed with the tart icing and a whole lot of sweetness, you have everything loaded in one bite. And no, you won’t be able to stay away!
I hope that this Brownie Cream Cheese recipe helped you find an idea and let you learn a whole new recipe you can make with your family to serve for everyone today. Don’t wait any longer and try it out!
If you’ve got any questions or want to share more tips on making this Brownie Cream cheese recipe, then comment down below. I would love to hear what you have to think.
Claire is the founder of SumoChef, and her passion is cooking. Her unique approach to cooking is the result of her varied experience and travel abroad. She believes that food is what actually unites people and the dining table is where we set aside our differences. SumoChef is where she finds expression to her passion and she hope be able to contribute to your cooking experience through this. Be sure to follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
© 2017, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.