This post brought to you by Puerto Rico, The All-Star Island. All opinions are 100% mine.
I love to travel and experience new sights, cultures and foods. And I love to relax. The perfect vacation for me consists of warm weather and beaches, guided tours and excellent food that I don't have to prepare.
And Puerto Rico has all of that and more.
Puerto Rico is the perfect destination for the adventurer, the beach bum, the foodie, or the golfer (bonus points if you can claim to be all of these in one world traveler!). Here are a few of the reasons why you should Live your own 5-star vacation story in Puerto Rico.…
- 1 – Puerto Rico has 270 miles of coastline and is featured in the Travel Channel's Top 10 beaches, including Flamenco Beach in Culebra (cited as one of the best beaches in the world!).
- 2 – Puerto Rico is a U.S. commonwealth and the U.S. dollar is the official currency; U.S. citizens don’t need a passport nor do they have to worry about converting money. Just hop on a plane and go!
- 3 – Spanish and English are the official languages of Puerto Rico (most Puerto Ricans speak English).
- 4 – Love Ziplining (or have it on your bucket list)? Toro Verde features the longest Zip Line on Earth: La Bestia. It uses a specially designed harness to soar through the air across 4,745 feet of terrain.
- 5 – El Yunque is the only subtropical rainforest in the U.S. National Forest Service. It's a must-see destination!
- 6 – Love adventure? You can enjoy days of adventure by horse back riding or by visiting the Camuy caverns that runs through the 3rd largest subterranean river in the world.
- 7 – Love food? Foodies will love experiencing the delicacies of Puerto Rican food… and Puerto Rico is famous for its Rums, too.
- 8 – Looking for something unique? You can glow like an angel in the water in the Bioluminescent bays (how amazing would that be?).
- 9 – Love history? Strolling down Old San Juan’s blue cobblestone streets are like stepping out of a time machine. Many of the old buildings throughout San Juan have been declared World Heritage Sites by UNESCO.
- 10 – Puerto Rico is filled with rich culture, a lively mix of Taíno, African, and Spanish influences, which is evident in the foods, arts and crafts, music, museums and more.
Check out seepuertorico.com and let me know why you would want to visit Puerto Rico!
Connect with See Puerto Rico:
© 2013, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.
Janet W. says
I’d love to visit, just wish I had the money to take a nice long vacation. What beautiful beaches!