While we are all working hard relaxing and taking it easy this weekend, I thought it would be nice to share this new Fishful Thinking overview with you. Most of my regular readers know that I am a Fishful Thinking faculty mom, but some of you newer or first time readers may not have heard me talk about Fishful Thinking. I love the message of this program, and it’s values have helped my family thinking positively during a stressful year.
In summary, Fishful Thinking is comprised of 5 Key Ingredients:
- Optimism: Focusing on the positive things in life.
- Emotional Awareness: Expressing and controlling your feelings.
- Goal Setting/Hope: Finding ways to achieve your goals.
- Resilience: Coping with life’s ups and downs.
- Empowerment: Identifying and using your strengths and skills.
I have been thinking about the 5 ingredients of Fishful Thinking and how I could incorporate them more into my family’s life. I decided that for the next 5 months, I would concentrate on one ingredient for an entire month. Each section on the Fishful Thinking website has articles and activities for families to do together. Join me starting in February as I share what we’ve learned and done each week.
- Optimism (How can my kids and I….and my husband….focus more on the positive things that are present in our lives? What are the positive things? It sure is easy to list the negatives…)
© 2010, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.