Oh, this prompt from Mom Dot’s Small Talk Six is an easy one. Here are a few of the things that make me smile:
1) Finding out that another one of my pictures placed in this week’s I Heart Faces contest! Woohoo! That’s the 5th time I’ve placed in the top 10 (with 2 wins). That DEFINTELY makes me smile! I seriously don’t understand how I’ve gotten so lucky!
2) Discovering that my oldest daughter is now old enough/big enough to activate the air bags in the passenger seat of my van. Ok, it might sound silly, but it was really COOL this week when I noticed that the light on my dashboard went off when she sat down. My baby is SO big!!
3) Capturing a fantastic photo. And being asked 4 times this week to take someone’s pictures. That’s a record! I usually get one photo shoot every 2-3 months!
4) Chocolate. Put some Lindor truffles in front of me and I will smile for sure.
5) Comments. Keep ’em coming! A full email box makes me smile. So do followers. You guys are the best. Oh! And awards make me smile, too, like this one I got from Jessica’s Lil Corner:
Just a little side-note. This week, I was talking with a friend who doesn’t blog. In fact, she might not have ever visited a blog. So when I told her about what’s going on on my blog, she said, “What would compel all of those people to read your blog when they’ve never even met you before?” Good question! Why do you come back? ;)
6) My kids. They make me smile. They make me proud. And some days they give me a headache. But they are mine, and I am grateful.
PS–for those of you worried about AJ’s teeth, they brushed perfectly clean. No worries. :)
© 2009, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.