I was chatting with a local friend of mine after returning from speaking at Blog Paws (the social media and blogging conference for pet bloggers) last week. Since she knows that I don’t have a pet right now (shh!), she was curious why I would have been chosen to speak at the conference.
This particular friend also knew that I traveled down to Asheville, North Carolina for 4 days at Type-A Parent Conference in June. Unfamiliar with blog conferences (or the blogging world in general) she commented, “I figured you just needed to get away from your kids a lot…”
Our conversation got me thinking. Why do I attend blogging conferences?
Why I attend blogging conferences
- To socialize – Yes, I do enjoy the social aspect of blog conferences but I could do that at a restaurant 10 minutes from home if all I needed was some social time. Blogging conferences are so much more than social events.
- To learn – I have gone to conferences before thinking that there wasn’t anything I really needed to learn. Boy, was I wrong. The blogging world is an ever-changing and evolving place, and there is always something to learn.
- To be inspired – seeing and hearing what other bloggers do inspires me to do bigger and better things in my own space.
- To network – I love the connections I make online, but there is nothing like meeting in person to solidify a relationship. Blogging conferences have become critical for me in developing personal connections with both other bloggers and, sometimes more importantly, brands.
- To find my “tribe” – there is nothing like finding a support system for anything that we are involved in, be it blogging or parenting or local issues. By attending conferences, I have been able to find those people that have been my biggest support and resource.
- To find more work! – Yes, my blog is my business and I need to constantly work on finding new gigs, developing new relationships, and discovering new methods for earning money. I have found that conferences are a huge boost in the right direction for me.
What are your top reasons for attending blogging conferences?
I am excited to announce that I was chosen to be Blogalicious Ambassador to spread the word about this upcoming amazing conference opportunity. To prepare for Blogalicious Weekend on October 21-23, I will be sharing weekly blogging and conference-related tips. I would love to hear your questions and suggestions of topics that you would love to have covered!
About Blogalicious Weekend:
Eighty percent of major business deals are said to be made on the golf course… Consider Blogalicious your green! Jam-packed with opportunities to make unique connections and valuable contacts in a sociable setting, this conference will arm you with the relationships you need and want.
Whether your social media focus is business, storytelling, technology, politics, parenting, lifestyle or social change, the networking and educational aspects of Blogalicious will motivate and inspire. The Countdown to October is on!
© 2011 – 2013, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.