I got a pressure cooker (Amazon link) last year for my birthday and for over 6 months it sat in the unopened box in my pantry, taunting me. I had big plans for it – canning, meals, desserts – but I was intimidated by it so I didn’t even open the plastic. Then I just decided I had to give it a try and I was left wondering where the heck had this amazing thing been all my adult cooking life?
Forgot to pull meat for dinner? No problem! In a rush and need a full meal in 30 or less? Yep, it can do that. So now I am obsessed with my pressure cooker and use it at least twice a week for mouthwatering dinners in a flash like this recipe for Pressure Cooker Greek Stuffed Chicken Breasts- I even whipped up a from scratch Tzatziki sauce to top it with!
2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup feta cheese
4-6 pepperoncini peppers
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. dried oregano
2 T. grated cucumber
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- If your chicken breasts are large like mine were, cut them in half and then slice a pocket in the center of one side, careful not to cut it all the way through. Otherwise for smaller ones you can just serve one per person.
2. Stuff pocket in chicken breast with feta, I chose one that was seasoned with sun-dried tomatoes and basil for more ready to go flavor!
3. Season the outside with salt, pepper, and oregano.
4. Turn pressure cooker on brown and give both sides of your chicken a nice brown on each side.
5. Remove stuffed chicken breasts from the pressure cooker and set aside. Add 1 cup chicken broth and 1/2 the juice from a jar of pepperoncini to pressure cooker. Place steamer basket/tray in cooker and lay your chicken on top with a pepperoncini on top.
6. Place your lid on top securely, be sure the steam valve is closed. Cook for 8 minutes on high pressure, release pressure naturally and allow chicken to sit for another 8 minutes.
7. While your chicken sits you can toss together this yummy tzatziki sauce! Just mix together greek yogurt, lemon juice, oregano, grated cucumber, salt and pepper. Place in fridge until ready to drizzle over chicken mixture.
© 2017, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.