After having so much fun making a Valentine’s Day button heart canvas, I decided to try making a Easter-themed canvas to brighten up my walls for Spring. Looking at the pastel buttons and the yellow and blue striped canvas makes me happy.
- 1 8×10 blank canvas
- Acrylic paint
- Foam brushes
- Variety of buttons (different sizes and colors)
- Tacky glue
- Masking tape
Lay masking tape in stripes along canvas, wrapping tape around the back. Wherever you have not taped will get painted – you can make stripes even or do a combination of thick and thin stripes. Be creative!
Using whatever colors match your decor (or your buttons. Or whatever makes you happy), paint uncovered canvas stripes. Let dry. (Note: I didn’t press my masking tape securely enough onto the canvas, and I had a little bit of messy paint around the edges. Next time, I’ll be more careful).
Print out the Easter egg template here: Top half and Bottom half. I just used the same template that was used to make my Easter Egg Button Wreath, but you can use any egg shape or free-hand it if you’re brave enough.
When your paint is completely dry, remove the masking tape and loosely tape the stencil in place (be sure to only use the tape on non-painted areas).
Place tacky glue on the back of buttons and glue onto the canvas.
I used a variety of sizes. Luckily, the tacky glue allows you to shift the buttons around a little to get them in the perfect place before they dry).
Remove the egg stencil and let the glue dry.
That’s it! Now find a place to hang your Easter Egg Canvas Wall Hanging.
I think I may just have to make one of these for each holiday. They’re FUN to make, and come together so fast. My kind of craft!
For more fun Easter/Spring ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy Easter Craft: Washcloth Bunny by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Easy DIY Garden Markers by A Mom’s Take
- Bunny Cupcakes by This Mama Loves
- Simple Spring Wreath by Simply Southern Mom
- Carrot (Cake) Cupcakes by Mom Does It All
- Ultimate Easter Egg Dye Guide by The Guavalicious Life
- DIY Homemade Bird Feeder by My So Called Balanced Life
- Edible Easter Placemats by Two Boys One Girl and a Crazy Mom
- DIY Colorful Spring Wreath by Home and Garden Cafe
- Monogrammed Earrings by How Was Your Day
- Nest Necklace by Style on Maine
- Fun and Healthy Easter Recipe for Kids: Crepe Cookies by Our Family World
- Make an Easy Painted Eggs Easter Craft with Dollar Store Supplies by My Kids Guide
- Spring Tea Party with Lemon and Ginger Scones by Day by Day in Our World
- Spring Button Canvas by Better in Bulk (You’re here!)
- Carrot Cake Cookie Cups by About a Mom
- Spring Tulle Wreath by Upstate Ramblings
- Easy DIY Spring Tote Bag for Girls by Philzendia
© 2015, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.