February 29 doesn’t come around all that often, so a few of my blogging friends and I decided to do something a little out of the ordinary today. We’re all answering 10 questions about ourselves (thank you, Jessica!) and then hopping around to learn a little more about each other.
Want to join in?
10 Random Facts About ME!
1. My childhood nickname was nothing. After I “grew up” I remember having conversations with my mom about the fact that I never had a nickname. Sometimes my dad would call me “Princess” but it was very random and sporadic. Strangely enough, my siblings all had very well-used nicknames, like Pal, Manda-Panda, Tinkerbell (Tink), Shar, etc, almost always used by Dad.
It must be my mom’s fault that I never had a nickname as a child, and I dare say she passed her non-nickname tendencies on to me. I call each of my kids by their full name, except for RayRay (for Reese) and Buddy (for AJ). My older kids have decided to be called by nicknames at school, but I refuse to succumb.
Isn’t it strange that now, as an adult in my mid-30s, I finally have a nickname? I am called Lolli more often than my real name lately. And that is totally fine with me.
2. If you want to spoil me rotten, buy me a fancy hotel room. Kids not included. There is nothing more relaxing to me than a nice hotel room, a luxurious hot (and long!) shower, and waking up when my body tells me it’s time. That rarely happens at home. A nice vacation rejuvinates me more than a day at the spa.
Random fact: I consider my mom’s house just as good as a fancy hotel, or better. I go there to recover from a year’s worth of stress every August and come back completely refreshed.
3. The television character I most identify with is Debra Barone from Everybody Loves Raymond. It’s one of CandyMan and my favorite shows, and we oddly relate to so many of Ray and Debra’s issues (except for the fact that both sets of in laws are wonderful and don’t live next door. And I can actually cook.)
4. If I had a whole day to go shopping and money to spend, I would go to an outlet mall. It has been years since I have gone shopping at an outlet, but I love that they have a little bit of everything and the prices are good. Really, though, if it were up to me, I would chose a thrift store almost every day.
5. The most wild and crazy thing I have ever done (that I can admit to publicly) is agreeing to appear on live Mexican television as an American model after spending two days on the beach in Acapulco and not having a shower in more than 24 hours. Incidentally, after the TV spot, my two friends and I almost missed our bus (the last bus of the night) back to our home city.
6. The one thing on my bucket list that I am most eager to do is move to a bigger house. We outgrew our 3 bedroom townhouse many years ago, and I long for a house with more space and more land. I’m hoping that it will happen someday….before all of my kids are grown.
7. My family will always be loyal to our faith. Many people online don’t realize that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Yes, I am Mormon and proud of it!
8. If I could spend a day with a celebrity I would choose Jon Bon Jovi. I adored him as a teen and now that we are both older….I think he’s even cuter than he was way back when.
9. In my opinion, the best invention in the history of the world is the iPad. I never realized how much I would love that thing before I won mine in December. OK, I suppose if I were to think a little harder, I’d be able to come up with an invention or two that are *slightly* more useful than the iPad, but I really do love mine.
10. When life hands me lemons, I make a fruit and yogurt smoothie. Or maybe a Coke Zero with a hint of lemon. Oh wait….were we not actually talking about drinks?
How would YOU answer these questions?
© 2012, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.