This is a sponsored post for eBay via Mom Spark Media. As always, all opinions are my own.
In just a few days, I’ll be packing my bags once again to head out to Southern California for nearly a week. I’ve traveled enough in the last few years with vacations, brand trips, conferences, and movie premieres that I’ve gotten quite accustomed to packing my bags for a trip. I know just what to grab…but that doesn’t make my pre-trip preparation any less hectic.
There’s always so much to do before leaving on a trip!
It was because of my love of travel that my World Traveler collection was one of the very first collections that I made as an eBay Curator. I had so much fun shopping around for some of the most fun and most helpful products for traveling, and in honor of my upcoming trip to California, I’m sharing those items with you today.
10 Travel Necessities
- Toiletry bag – Not only does a hanging toiletry bag keep all of your shampoos and sprays and makeup organized, but it conveniently keeps all of your bathroom supplies within reach in the hotel bathroom. Believe it or not, I didn’t have one of these until my very last trip to Atlanta.
- Noise-canceling head phones – A pair of noise canceling headphones are a must on a long plane ride. Listen to your music or your movie, not the snoring guy sitting next to you!
- A good set of luggage – I’ve had my American Tourister suitcase for years and it has faithfully followed me around the world. Now that it’s time to upgrade, I’m going with American Tourister again! Then I don’t have to be embarrassed by my falling-apart suitcase.
- Luggage belts – It can be tough to spot luggage at the airport. These rainbow belts make finding your bags so much easier! As an added bonus, they can be an extra layer of protection against luggage accidentally opening up.
- A travel pillow – How often have you tried to get comfortable on a long flight? Carrying a travel pillow is worth the extra space in your carry-on. It’s either that or the shoulder of the guy next to you…
- A good backpack – When I travel by plane, I like to check my luggage and keep a small carry-on with me, with JUST the essentials (snacks, medicines, wallet, books and magazines, etc.). A backpack also doubles as a day trip/tourist bag for long days sight seeing.
- A Passport pouch – Passport holders can be so handy when traveling (and sight seeing) over seas, but passport pouches are not just for traveling outside the country. Sometimes a purse or large bag is not ideal for a day of site seeing or adventuring. I love using a passport holder to keep my cash, credit cards, and ID and phone close to me.
- Travel containers – Following the TSA guidelines for liquids can be tricky, but a good set of travel containers make it so much easier!
- A messenger bag – Messenger bags are handy as travel purses because you can wear it across the body and you don’t have to worry about dropping it, setting it down on accident, or having it swiped. Messenger bags can often double as camera bags, too.
- Portable power source – There’s nothing worse than running out of batteries – in your cell phone, camera, iPad, computer – when you’re away from home. I always keep a portable charger (or two!) handy!
To see all of these items, check out my WORLD TRAVELER eBay Collection, and be sure to stop by to visit my other collections while you’re at it. I’d love for you to click the FOLLOW button to follow my profile or any (every?) collection that I’ve put together. Have I mentioned before that eBay collections are so much fun?! You can also follow hashtags #eBayCollection and #FollowitFindit on twitter to see what other curators have put together!
What travel necessities would you add to my collection?
© 2013 – 2014, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.