Two years ago, about this time of year, I attended my very first Auto Show. This coming week, I will be attending the Washington Auto Show – my second auto show ever – as a Chevy Ambassador with a few of my favorite DC-area bloggers and I am beyond thrilled. The only way that I could be more excited about my plans next week is if I could bring my dad along…the true car aficionado in the family. Although this post and event are part of a compensated opportunity with SheBuysCars.com, all thoughts, opinions and excitement are my own.
I used to be of the opinion that cars were just a tool to get me from one place to another. I didn’t find much joy out of driving because it usually meant that I was heading to an appointment or to the store (or somewhere equally as unexciting). It wasn’t until I started test driving new vehicles and getting to know about the newest innovations in the auto industry the last couple of years that I realized that cars could be joyful. Exciting. Luxurious. Innovative. Comfortable. Fun.
I may not be an expert on cars like my dad is, but I have certainly learned to appreciate how exciting cars can be.
Some of my favorite innovations in the automotive technology over the last several years have been…
- Built-in GPS navigation (never have to worry about getting lost again!)
- Bluetooth connectivity (my phone connects automatically when I get in the car)
- Keyless entry and ignition (I can leave my keys in my purse and stop losing them or fishing for them in the bottom of my purse so often!)
- Back up cameras (hello – less neck strain and less wondering if I’m missing a bike or another car when I’m backing up)
- …And so much more.
The connecting factor in all of these enhancements has been to make life easier. And as a busy mom, I need the time I spend in the car transporting kids to and from school and activities to be as effortless and as pleasant as possible.
Chevrolet at the Washington Auto Show
I am excited to be meeting with Chevy at the auto show next week and for the opportunity to learn more about the new Volt (in addition to everything else they have to offer!).
- Chevrolet has some of the freshest lineups and dealerships in the industry, and they’re working hard to delight and excite a new generation of customers
- Chevrolet is committed to engaging performance, world-class safety features, designs that makes the heartbeat and easy-to-use technology from all of their cars, trucks and crossovers…all at a value
- This year alone, Chevrolet will be introducing five new cars in the US with 25 new technologies that improve safety, performance and fuel efficiency
- Every Chevrolet – from Spark to Silverado and Corvette – will offer easy-to-use technologies like 4GLTE, MyLink and Active Fuel Management
- In 2014, Chevrolet won more industry awards in the US than any other car company
Attend THE FUTURE OF CARS TWITTER PARTY
When: January 19, 2015, 9-10 PM EST (8-9 pm CT; 7-8 pm MT; 6-7 pm PT)
WHO: Hosted by @SheBuysCars and @TravelingMom
Panelists – @AllThingsFadra, @ShelleyKramm, @JessicaMcFadd, @scrappinmichele, @notasupermom, @1momof5, @KimOrlando
HOW TO JOIN: Follow the hashtags #TMOM, #NextGenVolt, #Chevrolet
RSVP: Let us know on THIS POST on SheBuysCars.com that you’re coming and for more details about the twitter party.
- A family four-pack of tickets to the Washington, DC Auto Show, January 23-February 1, 2015, Washington, DC
- A Chevrolet Ultimate Tailgate package, including a Bowtie travel mug, a Tailgate cooler bag and a warm and cozy Chevy Beanie cap
Win tickets to the Washington Auto Show
Before the twitter party on Monday, I’ve got another way you can WIN your way in to the DC Auto Show! I’m giving away Family 4-pack of tickets to the Washington Auto Show (2 adults and 2 children) on January 23 through February 1, 2015 (Please see https://www.washingtonautoshow.com/ for more details)!
All you need to do is tell me what car (or cars) you are most excited to learn about and see at the auto show. Enter through the Rafflecopter form below. A winner will be announced at the twitter party on Monday night (1/19) so please leave your twitter handle in the comment!
See you there!
© 2015, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.
Love car shows!
Rob K. says
The Washington Auto Show is always a fun time. Gotta ride the Jeep Experience this year.