It’s amazing how fast time flies. Necco is at her one-year mark with Invisalign! I can’t believe it’s been a year since she got started, and even more importantly, I can’t believe what a HUGE difference a year has made in her teeth.
There is so much that we love about Invisalign, but this graphic inspired me to go into a little more detail about some of the things that really are incredible about using Invisalign to straighten teeth.
5 Reasons to Love Invisalign:
- Aligners put the focus on YOU, not your braces. Most of the time, no one has any idea that Necco is wearing Invisalign because they’re clear and fit right over her teeth. So people can focus on how adorable she is, not how her braces look.
- You can eat your favorite foods, without restriction. Necco can eat anything she wants – even Easter candies and her favorite snack…POPCORN – because she simply takes her aligners out before she eats and pops them back in when she’s done eating. There’s no worry of getting foods stuck in her braces or struggling with getting food unstuck from between braces. Love that!
- You can brush and floss normally. Necco is very careful about brushing and flossing her teeth and loves the fact that her teeth are “naked” and easy to brush and floss when she takes her aligners out. And when she doesn’t have access to a toothbrush and sink, she just drinks some water after eating and before putting her aligners back in.
- You can pop aligners out (and back in) whenever needed. Necco really only needs to take her aligners out when she eats, but Invisalign makes it so easy that she could take them in and out whenever necessary.
- Office visits are every 4-6 weeks. Necco sees her orthodontist every 6 weeks, and office visits are quick and easy. I love that they are not a huge time commitment on our part because we have plenty of other things going on!
Reason #6 That We Love Invisalign
Another thing we love about Invisalign is that we have nearly NO “emergencies.” My oldest daughter had some of her aligners crack, and although Necco has not had that happen once in the year she’s been wearing Invisalign, I know that if she DID have a problem with an aligner, the solution is simple. Anytime an aligner is lost or broken, she can simply put the last set of aligners in, give the orthodontist a call, and pick up a replacement set of aligners.
While she has not lost or broken any aligners, we DID have an issue before her last appointment where we had to reschedule an appointment because of a test at school that she couldn’t miss. She was worried because missing her appointment would mean that she would miss her next date to change to new aligners. The next week, I got a call the morning of her rescheduled appointment and learned that the doctor was sick and had to go home. She finally got in for her appointment about a week later. The only set-back was that she had to wear her current aligners for a little longer, but that did NOT stop her progress at all.
Questions? Ask away! I’ll be sharing more information in the coming months about Necco’s journey with Invisalign and my time on the Invisalign Mom Advisory Board. Please feel free to ask me any questions – here, privately, on Facebook, wherever!
Check the Doctor Locator to find an Invisalign provider near you.
© 2016 – 2017, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.