I’m happy to say that the summer is NOT flying by…though I wouldn’t be surprised if I felt differently at the end of the month of August. Spending the entire month of July on the road (literally) was pretty intense. Exhausting, exciting, enlightening, invigorating. We saw so much of the country, completely different from the cross country road trip that we took last summer.
And we’re already planning next summer’s road trip.
Luckily, my kids have another month of summer vacation before school starts again in the fall. And, believe it or not, all of us thought that school was starting a full week earlier than it is. We just discovered that we have another week of summer break. Not sure how ALL of us overlooked the late start date…
Since I just came back from my vacation, I’ve got an over-abundance of travel posts to write over the next few weeks…which is handy, considering I’m heading on yet another vacation (this time without kids) in less than 2 weeks. But for those of you who need a little inspiration (or maybe a little kick in the butt) here are a few writing prompts to get you started on some killer blog content for the month.
Be sure to check out the archive of blog prompts – 19 months and going strong!
Writing Prompts for August
- What are some of your favorite products that are better store bought versus homemade?
- Which products do you refuse to buy at the store because they’re so much better homemade?
- What are 5 traits that you got from your mom (or dad)? Take it even further and talk about 5 strengths and 5 weaknesses you got from each parent.
- Do you see yourself in your children? Does it make you proud…or does it make you cringe?
- When I was a tween, I wanted to change my name to Jessica because it was my “perfect” name. Did you love your name growing up? How has that changed as you’ve gotten older?
- What are 5 habits you wish you could eliminate?
- What are 5 words you wish you could eliminate from your vocabulary?
- Share your best tips for back-to-school shopping.
- Share your best tips for getting your kids ready to head back to school (physically, emotionally, and mentally).
- Cookbooks versus electronic recipes versus printing out recipes from the computer. Which do you prefer? Pros and cons?
- How do you stay connected with your friends?
- What is one of your fears? How have you worked through it (or do you just wish you could)?
- How do you help your kids work their own fears?
- How have you changed in the last 10 years?
- How has becoming a parent changed you?
- If you’ve been a parent for a while, how has being a parent of older kids changed you?
What will you be writing about this month?
© 2015, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.