Check out how easy it is to turn an “ordinary” box of mac n cheese into a tasty meal for the whole family!
How to Turn an Ordinary Box of Mac ‘n Cheese into a delicious dinner of BLT Mac n cheese
- 2 boxes of Annie's Shells and White Cheddar
- 3-4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 large tomato or 2 small/medium tomatoes, diced
- 6 sliced of bacon, crispy-cooked and crumbled
- 3-4 cups fresh spinach, wilted
- ⅓ to ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare 2 boxes of Annie's Shells and White Cheddar according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet until crispy. Remove bacon and let cool on a paper towel. Drain most of the bacon grease from the pan.
- While skillet is still hot, and with some bacon grease remaining, add fresh spinach and cook, stirring, until spinach has wilted. This will only take a minute or 2.
- Chop tomatoes and avocado, and crumble bacon. Set aside.
- When the pasta is done cooking, drain water and follow box instructions for mixing butter, milk, and cheese packet. Stir thoroughly. Add pasta to a large oven-safe dish.
- Stir in tomatoes, avocados, crumbled bacon, and spinach. Sprinkle with extra cheese and heat in a warm oven (about 350°) for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- This pasta dish can be served hot or cold.
Please note: I do realize that the “L” in BLT stands for lettuce, and I used spinach instead. But it was close enough and sounded so much more appetizing than “BST.”
Annie’s Mac n Cheese variety pack is available now at Sam’s Club (and did you know Annie’s popcorn is available exclusively at Sam’s Club now?). We’re totally getting the popcorn next time I’m at Sam’s Club. And you’d better believe I’ll be getting more Annie’s Mac n Cheese. Check out #DiscoverAnnies for more recipe ideas!
Note: if you don’t want to make a full-sized family meal, you can easily reduce the size by making one box of mac n cheese and halving each of the other ingredients (spinach, tomato, avocado, etc).
How do you enjoy your mac & cheese? Do you like it plain or do you have favorite mix-ins that you like to add to make mac & cheese a stand-alone meal?
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.