This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. #sponsored #ad
Earlier this week, I picked up a package of Hickory Smoked Wright® Brand Bacon at Food Lion while I was completing a shopping trip. I love (and I mean LOVE) Wright Brand Bacon for so many reasons: I know I’ll always get high-quality, thick-sliced, premium cut bacon when I buy Wright Brand Bacon. I can really taste and see the difference. It’s Bacon The Wright Way™.
I’ve got so many favorite recipes with bacon, so I’m never at a loss for what to do with bacon, but I was determined to do something out of the ordinary for me (not that there’s anything wrong with cooking bacon ’til crisp and eating it plain!).
I had a handful of jalapeños on my counter from an earlier recipe, and I imagined jalapeños and bacon would go very well together.
I love to add a little spice to my recipes, I make my own salsa, and I grow peppers in my garden, but – believe it or not – I’ve never eaten nor cooked jalapeño poppers. Shocking, I know!
I have been missing out!
I’m fully aware of how much of a kick a diced jalapeño adds to my salsa, so I assumed that eating a straight jalapeño would set my mouth on fire. I don’t know what happens to jalapeños while they cook, but these bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers were just about the best thing I’ve ever tasted. Not hot-spicy at all! Just creamy and bacony and delicious. The consensus? Jalapeño poppers with Wright Brand Bacon are definitely Bacon The Wright Way™!
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- 10 jalapeños, halved and seeded
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- One package Hickory Smoked Wright Brand Bacon
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Mix cheeses in a small bowl. Spoon cheese mixture into each jalapeño half. Wrap one slice of bacon around each jalapeño half, tucking ends at the bottom; place bacon-wrapped jalapeños on lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° F for 15 minutes.
- Leave the baking sheet in the oven. Turn the heat up to broil and heat for another 7-10 minutes, until bacon is crisp and cooked through.
- Remove jalapeño poppers from baking sheet and dry on a paper towel. Serve warm or cold (though I dare you to wait that long!).
The quality of the bacon you use will make or break these bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers. You don’t want thin, unevenly sliced bacon. Wright Brand Bacon is thick and includes only the best cuts – and you can see exactly what you’re getting thanks to the packaging. It really is Bacon The Wright Way™. I found mineit at Food Lion in the bacon/breakfast sausage refrigerator case. Plus it comes in a bunch of different flavors including Applewood Smoked, Smoked Brown Sugar, Bourbon Barrel Smoked and Oak Barrel Smoked.
What is your favorite flavor of bacon? We LOVE the Hickory Smoked Wright Brand Bacon. Cast your vote here!
Do you love cooking with bacon as much as I do? Share your favorite recipes with bacon as the main ingredient and hashtag it #VoteWrightBrandBacon @WrightBacon
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.