Today I am excited to share one of my family’s all-time favorite quick meals. We’ve been making these chicken nuggets for years and they are, in our opinion, the BEST-EVER!
We love to make this finger-food-friendly dish with honey mustard dipping sauce, pan-fried potatoes or homemade buffalo fries, and a veggie on the side. Everything whips up fast…and the chicken disappears just as fast, too!
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Tablespoons margarine or butter
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- ⅔ cup crushed cracker or cereal crumbs (I often use Rice Krispies)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Melt margarine in a small bowl and stir in Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix together bread crumbs, cracker/cereal crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning.
- Dip pieces of chicken in melted margarine, then in the crumb mixture, and then place on an ungreased cookie sheet (You can pack the chicken nuggets in – they don’t need a lot of “elbow room” on the cookie sheet).
- Bake chicken nuggets at 450° for 8-9 minutes. (Tip: Cut one of the largest pieces in half to ensure that the middle is cooked through and no longer pink).
- Serve with Honey Mustard sauce and some veggies and/or fries on the side.
If you find you have more chicken than breading, throw a few more bread crumbs into the bowl. I often melt 2 Tbs of butter at a time and sprinkle in some of the Worcestershire sauce and then melt another bowl (or two) as I go.
**This can easily be made into a gluten-free meal by eliminating the bread crumbs and using ANY kind of plain cereal or gluten-free crumb mixer.**
Quick Honey Mustard Sauce
While the chicken is baking, I always whip up this easy sauce. It’s so tasty on chicken AND fries. Please forgive me for the ingredients I’m about to share…
Mix together and serve cold:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon honey
Easy Pan-fried Paprika Potatoes
One of my favorite methods of making a quick potato side dish is this easy pan-fried paprika potatoes recipe. If you have an extra hand in the kitchen you can actually make ALL THREE of these recipes in 15 minutes (don’t be fooled into thinking you can do the potatoes and the chicken by yourself in 15, though). The trick to making this potatoes to be ready at the same time as the chicken nuggets is to have someone slice potatoes while another person cuts and breads the chicken. They taste so perfect together, so it’s totally worth getting the family involved.
- Thinly slice 4-5 medium potatoes (skin on).
- Melt 3 Tablespoons margarine or butter in a large sauce pan (with lid) over medium high heat. Add 1/2 teaspoon paprika and 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt to the melted margarine.
- Add sliced potatoes to the saucepan, sprinkle with pepper to taste, mix well, and COVER with lid.
- Stir every few minutes so that all potatoes get equal time on the direct heat.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft and starting to brown.
It’s Friday, so it’s time for another 15 Minute Supper. I love sharing these easy and delicious meals with you and helping you get a meal on your table in less time than you could get take out or order a pizza.
You have to check out these delicious 15 Minute Suppers:
Chicken & Waffle Sandwiches from Around My Family Table
Easy Skillet Lasagna from How To This And That
Sun Dried Tomato & Chicken Alfredo from Lizzie Jane Baby
Paleo Coconut Fish Soup Recipe from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
15 Minute Chicken Fajita Recipe from Sunshine and Sippy Cups
Ham and Cheese Pasta with Vegetables from Suburbia Unwrapped
BLT Tortellini Salad from Just 2 Sisters
© 2013 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.