This recipe for brioche bread pudding with caramel sauce has been sponsored by DairyPure Milk, but all thoughts, ideas, and photos are my own. #DairyPureMilk
I have a confession. I’ve only had bread pudding a handful of times in all of my 40-something years. I just didn’t think it sounded all that appetizing. Boy, was I wrong! I had an extra package of brioche rolls left over from a dinner last week and needed to find a way to use them up before they went to waste. I also had the challenge to find a delicious recipe to share using DairyPure Milk. I love delicious challenges like that!
Thank goodness I tried my hand at making bread pudding, because it was seriously one of the best desserts I’ve had in a long time, and it was so easy to make!
Now I’m convinced that there’s not much better than a bowl of warm bread pudding and a tall glass of milk!
- 1 stick butter
- 6 large brioche buns (or about 6 cups of brioche bread cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 4 cups 2% DairyPure milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup caramel dipping sauce
- 2 Tablespoons 2% DairyPure milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Melt butter in a large cast iron skillet or casserole dish in the oven while it preheats.
- Cut brioche bread into chunks (approximately 1-inch squares). Combine milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla in a large bowl; mix.
- Add cubed bread and stir to mix.
- Pour mixture into hot, melted butter in the skillet. Bake for 50 minutes, or until center starts to get firm (there will be a lot of syrupy goodness under the bread, and that's totally normal!).
- Let the bread pudding cool on the stove top for several minutes. Meanwhile, heat caramel dipping sauce (any thick caramel sauce will do!) with 2 tablespoons of milk over low heat, just until combined.
- Dish bread pudding out into individual serving cups and drizzle with caramel sauce. Enjoy with a big glass of milk!
This bread pudding was to-die-for delicious! When I dished up the servings for my family, my 11-year-old son was hesitant to give it a try, despite how delicious it smelled right out of the oven. Luckily, he was willing to give it a try (which is not always the case). His response after a few bites? “Mom, I thought this looked really funny, but it tastes SO good! Your blog readers are going to really like this.” Oh, the kids of a blogger. I cracked up at his “review.” Hey, if a dessert passes the picky tastes of an 11-year-old boy, then you know it’s a winner!
Of course, he was eager to down a large glass of DairyPure milk along with his bread pudding, too. We all were!
What are your favorite recipes that use milk?
What sets DairyPure apart?
- DairyPure is the only milk backed by an exclusive Five-Point Purity Promise. DairyPure milk contains no artificial growth hormones, is tested for antibiotics, is continually quality tested to ensure purity, only comes from cows fed a healthy diet and is cold shipped from your trusted dairy.
- DairyPure is available in the dairy case at grocery stores nationwide in whole, 2% reduced fat, 1% low fat and skim/fat free milks.
You can find tons of delicious recipes using DairyPure products, locate local retailers, learn about the full line of DairyPure products and DairyPure’s exclusive Five-Point Purity Promise on https://www.dairypure.com
Connect with DairyPure:
© 2017, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.