Captain Marvel is now officially available on DVD/Blu-ray (and digital download, of course!)! I’ve been waiting for this day because my husband missed seeing Captain Marvel in the theaters and I was eager to share it with him. We were finally able to watch it together this weekend after our review copy arrived. You can order yours now on Amazon (affiliate link) or pick it up at your local stores!
About Captain Marvel
Set in the 1990s, Marvel Studios’ CAPTAIN MARVEL is an all-new adventure from a previously unseen period in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe that follows the journey of Carol Danvers as she becomes one of the universe’s most powerful heroes. While a galactic war between two alien races reaches Earth, Danvers finds herself and a small cadre of allies at the center of the maelstrom.
The film stars Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Djimon Hounsou, Lee Pace, Lashana Lynch, Gemma Chan, Rune Temte, Algenis Perez Soto, Mckenna Grace, with Annette Bening, with Clark Gregg, and Jude Law. Marvel Studios’ CAPTAIN MARVEL is produced by Kevin Feige and directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck. Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Jonathan Schwartz, Patricia Whitcher and Stan Lee are the executive producers.
Check out the trailer here if you haven’t seen it yet (or refresh yourself if it’s been a while!).
I loved Captain Marvel in theaters and I appreciated it even more on DVD. Captain Marvel has a very different feel compared to the other Marvel Universe films, probably because in this film none of the other super heroes exist. And unlike the other (non-Avengers) movies that have come out, there are no other super hero carry-over characters or secondary story lines.
Captain Marvel takes place in the 1990s, a time I am personally very familiar with. It was fun to see some cultural things that I remember from that time of my life. I loved seeing a younger Nick Fury and Agent Coulson.
Now that Captain Marvel is out on Blu-ray/DVD, it’s a great time to catch it for the first time (if you didn’t see it in the theater like my husband) or catch it again. And BONUS: now that the DVD/Blu-ray is out, there are hours of extra content to enjoy. Honestly, the bonus material is my favorite part of getting a movie on DVD! I’ve always been a sucker for bloopers, deleted scenes, and actor commentary. Sometimes I enjoy the extras even more than the movie itself.
Here’s what you’ll find when you pick up your copy of Captain Marvel (note: content may vary by retailer).
Blu-ray & Digital:
Alternate Movie Versions
– Movie with Intro – An introduction by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck.
– Movie with Commentary – Commentary by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck.
– Becoming a Super Hero – Follow Brie Larson’s journey as she joins the MCU, and see what it takes to be a Marvel Super Hero in every sense of the word.
– Big Hero Moment – Explore how impactful Captain Marvel’s entrance into the MCU is, and how she inspires audiences around the world.
– The Origin of Nick Fury – Witness some of the MCU’s most significant events through Nick Fury’s eyes, and see how his influence helped shape the MCU.
– The Dream Team – Discover why Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck are the perfect pair to direct Marvel Studios’ most powerful hero.
– The Skrulls and the Kree – Take a deeper look into the Skrulls and the Kree, their ongoing conflict, and the importance of shifting perspectives in the film.
– Hiss-sterical Cat-titude – The cast and crew dish on working with Goose and the raw talent it takes to portray such a complex character on-screen.
– “Who Do You Admire Above All Others?” – Kree Commander Yon-Rogg must answer to the Supreme Intelligence, who questions his leadership ability.
– Starforce Recruits – Yon-Rogg lectures a roomful of students on the Kree’s mission to defend all nations from the scourge of the Skrulls.
– Heading to Torfa – Vers (Danvers) and her fellow Starforce members banter as they prepare for their rescue mission to Torfa.
– “What, No Smile?” – In this alternate version of a scene from the movie, Vers is consulting a map when she receives a dubious offer of assistance.
– Black Box – Keller attempts to track Vers and Fury after their escape in a quadjet from the Joint USAFA Facility.
– Rookie Mistake – Novice S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Phil Coulson helps Director Keller out of an embarrassing situation.
• Gag Reel – The fate of the universe hangs in the balance as the cast battles props, flubs and Flerkens in these outtakes from the set.
• Journey into Visual Effects with Victoria Alonso – Experience how filmmakers’ visions of the MCU come to life on-screen through the skill of the Visual Effects team.
• What Makes a Memory: Inside the “Mind Frack” – What does it take to craft an action-packed sequence for a Marvel Studios film? Nothing short of an epic team effort!
• Concept Art – Explore artwork from “Captain Marvel” and trace the visual development of characters.
• On-Set Images – Uncover a trove of behind-the-scenes and production photography.
Click the buttons below for fun Captain Marvel activities
Enjoy these Captain Marvel extras (I call them off-screen bonus features!). Click the images below to download/save each activity.
Connect with Captain Marvel
© 2019, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.