Do you ever discover a new recipe that is such a hit with everyone in the family that people ask for it again and again…the same week? THIS is that recipe.
It all started with a ham. I had cooked a ham for dinner and had too many leftovers. The ham got me thinking about chicken cordon bleu. I brainstormed how I could make a quick chicken cordon bleu…and when I saw the sliced French bread at the store when I went to get the other ingredients, I knew what the perfect recipe would be.
Since that first time we made these paninis, we’ve made them twice again. So easy and so delicious. You MUST try them.
- Sliced French bread (sandwich size)
- Thinly sliced rotisserie chicken
- Thinly sliced ham
- Sliced Swiss cheese
- Dijon Cream Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- To make the sauce: Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir until combined; slowly add the milk and stir constantly until there are no longer lumps. Add bouillon and salt, and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes total.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in Dijon mustard, Worchestershire sauce, and Parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- To make paninis: Spread two pieces of bread with dijon cream sauce.
- Layer: ham – Swiss cheese – chicken and sandwich between the two slices of bread with dijon cream sauce.
- Spread butter on the outside of the sandwich and place on a heated panini press (or if you don’t have a panini press, just heat in a saute pan on the stove). Cook until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
- Serve hot. Yum!
Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
Follow 15 Minute Suppers on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
and look for the #15MinuteSuppers hashtag too!
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Paninis by Better in Bulk
- Bean Sprout Fried Rice by Cute as a Fox
- Nutella-Fluffernutter by Around My Family Table
- Curry Ginger Chicken Salad Crostini by Jen’s Journey
- 10 Minute Gluten Free Pizza by Mama Dweeb
- Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry with Lemon Sauce by Home Cooking Memories
- Easy Fish Soup by Emily’s Frugal Tips
Head over to our #15MinuteSuppers Pinterest Board to see all the past recipes and more delicious goodness!
BLOGGERS: Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group (for bloggers) to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.
© 2014 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.
I can’t wait to try this. I wish I had a panini press, but I guess I’ll have to do it the other way for now. Thanks for sharing!
I love chicken cordon bleu and paninis sound like a much easier way to enjoy those awesome flavors…. I’ll have to try this for lunch soon. Pinning now!
Brandie (@ Home Cooking Memories) says
I love, love chicken cordon bleu, so the idea of eating one of these makes me VERY happy! Great idea.
Thanks, hun! Having a challenge to work towards has been really good for me (if I don’t challenge myself, I end up being really boring!).
Jennifer Sikora says
That looks SO amazing. Girl! You inspire me in the kitchen!! Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe :) I am going to put this on the menu for next week.
oh boy! lunch, supper, breakfast! I’m game. oh oh, I need to make this – asap!
shelly peterson says
Oh yum, this is making me so hungry. It’s great it can be made so quickly.
Wendy | Around My Family Table says
What a great way to use up leftover chicken or ham from Easter! Great idea, can’t wait to try it.
I really want a Panini Press! I’d love to try this, the sauce looks SOOOOO GOOD!
DESIREE H says
That looks delicious. It is great that it only takes 15 minutes to make !
Thanks for sharing!
Ashley @ Cute as a Fox says
This sounds delicious! I love chicken cordon bleu and I’m always looking for ways to use leftover ham. Thanks for sharing!