Yes, I know that the Big Game is over and so the need for game-worthy appetizers might not be so great today, but I decided that I had to share these appetizers anyway. I made these crock pot meatballs this weekend and didn’t want to wait until the next big game to share them with you guys.
I have tried a variety of meatball appetizers before, and these chipotle peach meatballs might have just had the best combination of flavors in any I’ve tested. And since they are prepared in the slow cooker, they are an easy appetizer to serve at a party – make them in the morning and they’re hot and ready to eat when your guests arrive.
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen meatballs (home style, not Italian style)
- 1 (16 oz) jar BBQ sauce
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 (15-16 oz) can peaches, drained
- 1 (7 oz) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, separated
- Add onion, peaches and about half a can of chipotle peppers with adobo sauce to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. (Note: if you like your food extra spicy, then by all means use more of the chipotle peppers! I used the entire can for mine, and they were hot!)
- Place meatballs in slow cooker and pour BBQ sauce and chipotle sauce (from the blender) over the meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Serve with toothpicks for an easy appetizer, on slider rolls for something a little more fancy, or atop rice.
Did you serve anything fun at a football party this past weekend? Or did you try a dish that someone else made that you’re dying to make? I’d love to hear all about your big game food!
Now let’s see what you’ve been cooking!
I’m teaming up once again with From Val’s Kitchen and This Mama Loves for our weekly recipe linky. Since mine is a year-end favorite recipe round up, I would LOVE to see your favorite dishes from the past year.
Please post the direct link to your recipe (not your blog URL) and the name of your recipe below. Then be sure to visit again next Monday for a new recipe and another chance to link up!
© 2014, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.