This recipe for Cranberry Orange Muffins with a Sweet Orange Glaze is part of the #USCranberries program, sponsored by the Cranberry Marketing Committee. Although I have been compensated, all views are my own.
Cranberries are one of my favorite foods. From fresh to frozen and dried to juices, they add a zing to dishes that simply can’t be duplicated. Not only are they delicious, but they are incredibly versatile. What other healthy ingredient can you use in a dessert, a main dish, a salad, a breakfast, a drink….you get the picture.
Did you know that Cranberries are:
- Rich in antioxidants
- Naturally fat and cholesterol free
- Low in sodium
- A good source of dietary fiber
This month, I was challenged to come up with a recipe using frozen US Cranberries. I’ve used Cranberries in smoothies, main dishes, salads, and more…but my sweet tooth got the best of me and I decided to try baking with Cranberries. I was so pleased with how the recipe turned out. These muffins were as delicious as they were beautiful. Don’t you love the contrast between the white and the Cranberry-red?
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons orange zest
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup frozen Cranberries tossed with 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, mix wet ingredients: eggs, sugar, yogurt, orange zest and juice.
- Add wet ingredients to bowl of dry ingredients and stir until mixed.
- Add flour-covered Cranberries to the batter and mix gently.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, about ¾ full. Bake for about 25-27 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in the tin for about 15 minutes and then continue to cool on a wire rack. Meanwhile, mix powdered sugar and orange juice in a small bowl and drizzle over muffins. Enjoy!
Join us for the #USCranberries Twitter Party!
Date: Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Time: 8:30 – 9:30 pm EST
Panelists: @SurfnSunshine, @CleverHousewife, @PlayPartyPin, @MeyersStyles, @foodfunfamily, @TheRebelChick
Special Guests: @USCranberries
Prizes: 2 (two) winners will receive a $25 Amex gift card and the Cranberry Marketing Committee Table Top Cookbook | 1 (one) winner will receive a $50 Amex gift card | 1 (one) winner will receive a 9-Speed Digital Display Hand Mixer | 1 (one) winner will receive a $100 Amex gift card
Get more information about the #USCranberries twitter party on Party Bluprints Blog. They’ve also created a TWUBS for the party here. Hope to see you there!
Connect with US Cranberries:
- uscranberries.com (check out for more creative Cranberry recipes)
- cranberryinstitute.org (dedicated to research of health benefits)
- Twitter: @USCranberries
© 2014 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.