This post brought to you by TruMoo. All opinions are 100% mine.
We go through a lot of milk in our house. Seven people, many gallons, lots of cups in the dishwasher. Last week, I bought two cartons of TruMoo (one carton of strawberry milk and one of chocolate milk) and they didn’t last long – they were a hit!
I guarded the strawberry milk a little because I wanted to try out a recipe that I had in mind. I pulled out my favorite browned butter glazed spice donuts recipe and crossed my fingers that a few adjustments would work. And OH, they did!
I can’t wait to make these strawberry donuts again!
Browned Butter Glazed Strawberry Donuts
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup TruMoo strawberry milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1½ tsp butter, melted
- ¼ cup chopped strawberries
Browned Butter glaze:
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp TruMoo strawberry milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease doughnut pan.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together the TruMoo strawberry milk, egg, and butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until fully mixed.
- Fill the each section of the doughnut pan a little more than ¾ full (I like to put the batter in a large ziploc bag and pipe it into the donut pan) and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool in the pan on top of the oven for a few minutes before removing. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Prepare the browned butter glaze:
- While the doughnuts are cooling, melt 4 Tbsp butter in a small saucepan over low heat until golden brown.
- Pour browned butter into a small bowl and add powdered sugar, strawberry milk, and vanilla. Mix with hand beater or fork until smooth (it mixes quickly).
- Dip the doughnuts in the glaze and set on a plate until the glaze has set.
What TruMoo flavor are you most excited to try?
Did you know? Every glass of TruMoo starts with fresh, pure lowfat milk from a trusted dairy, with just enough sugar to help it taste great but NO high fructose corn syrup. TruMoo contains 8 essential nutrients, no artificial growth hormones, and no HFCS.
Enter to win 3 TruMoo coupons for free TruMoo milk (one winner will win 3 free TruMoo coupons)! This giveaway will end on June 27 and is open for residents of the US. Good luck!
© 2014 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.