I know I am not the only one who has kids that are about to lose their mind waiting for Finding Dory to come out (okay okay, I am just as excited as they are). As a fun pre-treat while waiting for the movie we made up these adorable Finding Dory Fizzing bath bombs.
These Finding Dory bath bombs make a great moisturizing and detoxifying soak for littles ones and would be a fantastic homemade gift or to give out at a Finding Dory themed party!
(Psst…They’re great for mom and dad, too!)
How to Make Finding Dory Bath Fizzies
- 1 cup citric acid - Get it HERE
- 2 cups baking soda
- ¼ cup epsom salts
- 1 tablespoon coconut or almond oil
- 15-20 drops essential oil (see below for suggestions or as me for some additional ideas)
- Food coloring- orange, blue, and yellow
- Water in a small spray bottle
- Fish mold (silicone works best) - Get it HERE
- With a wire whisk combine citric acid, baking soda, epsom salts, essential oil, and almond or coconut oil until well combined.
- Divide in half, and then take a small portion out of each to make 2 smaller portions (ie, two big bowls and two small bowls).
- Add a of couple drops of orange food coloring to one of the larger bowls and a couple drops of blue to the other large portion and stir, adding until desired color is reached.
- Leave one of the smaller portions white and color the other yellow- you will use the least of these.
- Spray each mixture with a bit of water from the spray bottle, spritzing and stirring constantly until mixture is just barely damp and holds together but not wet- if it begins to fizz you are adding too much.
- For Dory- Use a small spoon to add yellow to the tail and a bit in the middle for her fin, press down hard. Fill in the rest with blue, press firmly.
- For Nemo/Marlin- Alternate white and orange in your fish mold until full, press firmly into mold.
- Allow your bath fizzies to harden overnight or at least 2 to 3 hours until set.
- Remove carefully from mold and store in a cool, dry space until ready to use- a mason jar with a lid is perfect to hold them.
To use: add 3-4 bath bombs to warm bath water and watch them fizz away, leaving behind a yummy scent, a light color, and softened skin.
You can use any essential oil you like to scent these with – lavender for bedtime, orange to wake them up, or peppermint/eucalyptus when they have a cold. If you don’t have essential oils at home, ask me about them. I’m a huge advocate and love to suggest great oils!
PS – be sure to print out my Finding Dory coloring pages and activity sheets and stay tuned for my movie review coming up soon! – Laura
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.