Thank you to Depend for sponsoring today’s post!
Last week, my mom and I went out to lunch with my daughters to one of our favorite places in mom’s area. After lunch, we stepped in to the cute little adjoining store to window shop.
One of the very first things we saw was a wooden sign that my mom and I could really relate with….
And we practically did.
I don’t know a mother out there who can’t relate with bladder leakage. But did you know that bladder leakage is not limited to women who have had a bunch of kids or people who need canes to get around. One in four Americans deal with bladder leakage – it’s a lot more common than you might think, probably because no one wants to admit that they experience bladder leakage, too!
Well, it’s time admit it and join the 65 million Americans who experience bladder leakage. If that number surprises you, get this – 23 million Americans with bladder leakage are under 50 and about 12 million are under the age of 35. These are people just like you and me!
What can you do about it?
Tips to fight bladder leakage:
- Avoid or limit consumption of caffeine and alcohol, which are both diuretics and will cause your bladder to fill faster.
- Visit the restroom more often. The more full the bladder, the more likely you are to have leaking problems.
- Lose some weight – excessive weight puts pressure on the bladder and can make leakage worse.
- Do your Kegel exercises to strengthen your pelvic floor. Kegels aren’t only for women who have recently had babies!
- Avoid lifting, since the act of lifting puts strain on the pelvic floor muscles.
- Treat constipation and eat more fiber. Straining to have a bowel movement can actually weaken the pelvic floor muscles, too.
- Keep some protection, like Depend undergarments, on hand!
Depend provides a variety of discreet products that help people regain their freedom and get their lives back, regardless of age, including:
- Depend Real Fit for Men and Silhouette for Women briefs: Look, fit and feel like real underwear and feature a cloth-like fabric for a sleek, ultra-smooth fit.
- Depend Underwear with Fit-Flex protection: Features more Lycra stands for a smooth and comfortable close-to-the-body fit.
Drop Your Pants for Underwareness
Depend is raising awareness and breaking down the stigma of bladder leakage with their new Drop Your Pants for Underwareness social movement and charitable cause. Depend will be donating $1 (up to $3 million!!) over the next three years to charities that advance the research, education and awareness of bladder leakage when you do any of the following:
- Every pant drop, photo and video shared using #Underwareness and #DropYourPants
- Every personal video about what Underwareness means to you that is uploaded to YouTube and tagged #Underwareness and #DropYourPants
Now, go! Visit the Underwareness landing page to join the movement and to get free samples of Depend.
© 2014, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.