This recipe for easy Thai peanut curry chicken and vegetables is the bomb! Emphasis on the EASY. Who doesn’t love a family dinner idea that is ready in about 30 minutes? You are going to love it!
Do you ever base an entire meal on a single ingredient you find in your cupboard and are determined to use? I’ve had a jar of Red Curry Sauce from Trader Joe’s (<—psst…that’s an Amazon affiliate link to the red curry sauce I used, just in case you don’t have a Trader Joe’s nearby) in my pantry for what feels like ages, and I decided it was finally time to do something with it.
This dinner was so easy, so quick, and so delicious. What more do you need to know? I made it unique by throwing in a few vegetables, but this sauce is so versatile that you could add a different variety of vegetables or just skip the veggies altogether. Although the veggies were my favorite part (I got to eat some of the kids’ extra, unwanted vegetables, because even teenagers are picky sometimes!).
I made this dish in my large 12-inch cast iron skillet (another Amazon affiliate link) but you can use any large skillet. I’m just partial to my cast iron!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed (or any boneless chicken pieces, cut into bite sized pieces)
- 3 small to medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 can sliced carrots, drained
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into chunks
- 1 cup cubed bell peppers (I used a variety of colors)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 (11 oz) jar Red Curry Sauce (NOT paste)
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 5-6 ounces of milk (fill the curry sauce jar about half full of milk)
- Chopped, fresh cilantro, optional
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Heat oil in skillet. Add chicken pieces and stir for 3-5 minutes, until lightly browned. Add potatoes, carrots, onion, peppers, and garlic. Stir.
- Pour entire jar of red curry sauce over chicken and vegetables. Add peanut butter. Stir.
- Fill the empty curry sauce bottle about half way with milk. Add corn starch. Replace lid and shake well. Stir milk mixture into the skillet. Bring to a gentle boil.
- Turn the heat down to low, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
- Serve over hot rice and sprinkle with fresh, chopped cilantro.
What could be better than dinner in 30 minutes? Especially one that is full of flavor like this dish? I hope you enjoy the recipe! I know we did.
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.
This dish just looks so pretty and I know so tasty too!
Wonderful to have you share it with us at TOHOT!
I think red curry sauce is very mild, as far as Middle Eastern dishes go. :)
Kristan Kremer says
This looks so good! Is red curry sauce spicy?
This is an awesome recipe that I would love to try out on my family. It looks so delicious!!!
You’re a genius Lolli! I love how your recipe ended up. Looks enticing!
Julie Wood says
I am always looking for dinner recipes and this one make chicken look delicious. I love chicken and rice together and I will be making this recipe. Thanks for sharing. I love the peanut curry flavor.
Janet W. says
This looks so flavorful! Thanks for the delicious recipe idea!