Last week, I drove my kids up to my sister’s house for a special playdate.
This was no ordinary playdate. This one included colorful necklaces and bracelets (one of which caused a mid-afternoon melt-down that made my niece absent from a bunch of the shots…), lots of music, a sparkly microphone, and two Fijit Friends™ dolls to party with.
My kids and I opened our Fijit Friend, Willa, a few days before the party so that we could get to know her. One of the lucky party attendees got to take Sage the Fijit Friend home with her as a party prize. She instantly fell in love with her soft, squishy body and her rocking tunes.
The Fijit Friends™ story:
The Fijit Friends™ were created when a gooey science experiment was brought to life by the power of music!
The Fijit Friends™ love to laugh ’til their sides hurt, dance ’til they’re dizzy, and just be themselves with their one true bestie!
What the Fijit Friends™ can do:
- she recognizes over 30 keywords and responds with over 150 phrases
- she tells funny jokes that’ll make you laugh out loud
- she also has lots of sound effects… just because she thinks they’re funny!
- she detects the beat of any external music you play and dances to it! When she hears a tune, she identifies the music beat and adjusts her dance timing to match.
- she also has her own favorite tunes!
- she has a uniquely soft and squishy body, just made for hugging and tickling! The elastic quality of her skin makes her movements look natural… and fidgety!
Our Fijit Playdate Video
Notice in this video what a DIVA my Reese is, and how crazy my youngest son, AJ, is. Even though it was a total girly party, he wanted to be right in the middle of it, with accessories and all!
We have had tons of fun with our Fijit Friends™. However, when the website says that your Fijit Friends™ don’t like background noise or mumbling when you’re talking to them….take them seriously. The younger kids (4-6) had a hard time getting the Fijit Friends™ to understand them because their tendency was to yell and mumble, two things that the Fijit Friends™ don’t handle very well.
I often had to take the Fijit Friends™ into the hallway to interact with them because our party was FULL of loud, distracting background noises. The kids really didn’t seem to mind, though.
Do you know someone who would love to dance and interact with Fijit Friends™?
I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Mattel Fijit Friends and received product samples, a party kit, and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.
© 2011, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.