This rich and luxurious Frankincense & Orange Body Butter smells wonderful and it delivers a whole array of fantastic benefits to your body. Far beyond the therapeutic aromatherapy these scents offer they also do great things for you from the outside in. Long known as a precious oil, used by kings and even Cleopatra in her beauty regimen, it has stood the test of time for good reason. The whipped body butter softens immediately in your warm hands and melts into your skin leaving it soft, nourished, and healthy.
Frankincense is known to be helpful as:
- Stress reliever
- Anti Aging wrinkle fighter
- Blemish reducer-scars, acne, stretch marks, wrinkles
- Pain and Inflammation reducer
Orange is known to be helpful as:
- Immunity booster
- Overall tonic
How to Make Frankincense & Orange Whipped Body Butter
- ⅓ cup Shea butter
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 10 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 5 drops Orange essential oil
- Melt Shea butter and coconut oil over medium heat until completely liquefied, stirring frequently.
- Transfer to bowl of hand or stand mixer, place in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes. Do not let it solidify; you want it to firm up to the consistency of softened butter on top.
- Mix on high for 5 minutes until it becomes fluffy and more than doubled in size.
- Add almond oil, Frankincense and Orange essential oils and mix until combined.
- Store in a glass container with a tight fitting lid like a mason jar or upcycled jar from pickles, olives, or cherries, etc…
- Mixture may become liquefied if stored in warm places. You can refrigerate until reset and re-fluff in the mixer to freshen it.
Note: Citrus essential oils will eat away at plastic so it is always best to store them in glass.
Decorate your jars with a nice label and give as a gift or keep it for yourself to keep your skin soft and moisturized all year long.
© 2015 – 2018, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.