I have never been a fan of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (I’m sure I ate my fair share from my school lunch box when I was a kid. Mom?). Now, though, I prefer a nice big salad or a hot lunch. If I didn’t have to worry about fitting in my clothes or the cost of eating out, I would love having lunch out every day. But eating out is not always a good option. Last week, I was able to try FRESCHETTA® By the Slice.
There were several flavors to chose from in my grocer’s freezer:
- BBQ Recipe Chicken
- Vegetable Medley
- Chicken, Spinach & Mushroom
- Six Cheese Medley
I picked up a slice of Chicken, Spinach & Mushroom pizza because a) it sounded yummy and b) I figured that my kids would be less likely to try to mooch a bite while I was eating my lunch and leave me alone. As soon as I took the pizza out of the microwave, three kids came swarming. “What IS that??” I explained that it was Chicken, Spinach & Mushroom pizza, thinking that the spinach and mushroom part would frighten them away. Oddly, it didn’t scare them off – it smelled too good – and they still asked for some bites.
- Quality/taste: I was pleasantly surprised. I am not usually a fan of pizza from the microwave, but this one worked. The flavor as fabulous – just the right amount of toppings and spices.
- The flavor varieties: Honestly, I was shocked that there was no pepperoni. Although some of the traditional flavors were missing, each one of the available varieties sounded good to me.
- Crust style: The crust was on the thin side, which is ok….though I prefer a thicker, breadier crust.
- Overall: I liked the pizza and think that it would be a good option for a quick lunch to take to the office or to satisfy the craving for a hot lunch at home. But since there are 7 of us in my family and both CandyMan and I work at home, we might as well buy the whole pizza.
How would you like to try a slice on me? I’ve got a coupon for FRESCHETTA® By the Slice and 6 piece FRESCHETTA® storage set to give away. I got one of the storage sets and love it.
To enter this giveaway, simply leave a comment on this post telling me which flavor you’d like to try.
You can gain extra entries for liking Better in Bulk and Freschetta on Facebook. You can also share this contest on twitter or Facebook (daily) by using the twitter and FB share buttons at the bottom of the post. Just leave a separate comment for each entry.
This contest will end on Wednesday, May 11 at midnight EST. Since I will be mailing the package myself, I am limiting this to the Continental US. Winner will be chosen at random and notified via email. Good luck!
© 2011, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.