How to Make Ginger White Tea Cocoa Butter Soap
- 1/2 pound cocoa butter melt and pour soap base (where to buy)
- About 15 drops of ginger essential oil (where to buy)
- One tea bag - Trader Joe's Organic Ginger Pear White Tea (where to buy)
- Silicone soap mold (where to buy)
- Melt soap base in a double boiler over medium-low heat (I just fill a saucepan with a few inches of water and set a glass Pyrex measuring cup (2+ cup capacity) inside. I add the soap base to the measuring cup). Stir soap base until fully melted.
- Remove container with melted soap base from heat and stir in contents of one tea bag plus about 15 drops of ginger essential oils. Stir.
- Pour melted soap into soap mold. The number of soaps you can make will vary depending on the size of your molds. I made 4 normal-sized rectangular bars from this recipe.
- Let soaps cool completely on a flat surface before removing. Store in a cool, dry place. I like wrapping soaps in waxed paper or parchment paper. Tie with a ribbon for a cute gift!
Here are a few of the other homemade lotions and soaps I’ve made:
- Soothing oatmeal citrus shea butter soap
- Whipped Chocolate Body Butter
- Peppermint sugar scrub
- Shea butter lotion bars
For more winter ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy last minute Christmas decor by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Peppermint cream fruit dip by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Winter snowflake picture by Simply Southern Mom
- Pumpkin peanut butter snowflake dog treats by Two Little Cavaliers
- DIY Reindeer gift bag by A Bride on a Budget
© 2015 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.