As part of my Sweetest Moms Ambassadorship this year, my girls and I were invited to spend Saturday (which happened to be my birthday!) at Hersheypark for the opening weekend of Hersheypark in the Dark – Hersheypark’s annual Halloween celebration. Although we were given tickets, we covered all travel expenses and food ourselves. All thoughts are my own.
Fall is my favorite season – with the changing leaves, the cooler temperatures, and the acceleration towards my favorite holidays of the year.
After spending the weekend at Hersheypark, I’ve convinced that fall is also the perfect time to be in Hershey! Hersheypark is transformed into a festive Halloween town, with family-friendly activities and lots and lots of chocolate. Hersheypark is fun all day long, but it becomes magical at night when the sun goes down and the lights come on. I loved the festive Halloween lights, the singing jack-o-lanterns, and the festive music being played throughout the park.
But I think my favorite Hersheypark in the Dark perk was the Pumpkin Pie Funnel Cake – a seasonal treat featuring a pumpkin spice funnel cake drizzled with cream cheese frosting, sprinkled with crumbled graham crackers, and topped with whipped cream. It was heavenly.
Hersheypark In The Dark
Hersheypark In The Dark takes place Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from October 14 – 30 (2016 schedule)
Here are a few of the things you can expect from Hersheypark in the Dark as well as other area attractions:
- More than 50 rides and attractions including 13 roller coasters and Halloween-themed live entertainment.
- NEW Laff Trakk will be a dark ride experience (ie, NO LIGHTS!) during all operating hours. In addition, the Park will once again turn the lights off the last operating hour of each evening on the three wooden roller coasters: Comet, Lightning Racer and Wildcat.
- Hershey’s Trick-or-Treat Adventure with two locations – Hershey’s Chocolate World and Treatville, a hometown village of treats and sweets inside Hersheypark, for children 12 and younger (costumes are encouraged).
- Fall-themed food and beverage offerings including pumpkin funnel cakes, pumpkin chili and more!
- Live entertainment including favorites “Screaming Mummies,” a band of misfit mummies and their classic Halloween tunes, performing in the Amphitheatre. Additional entertainment offerings including “Boo Crew,” “Monster Party,” and “Treatville Tales” will be located at the exit of Treatville.
- Hersheypark In The Dark will offer meet and greet opportunities with your favorite Hershey’s Characters.
For more information about Hersheypark in the Dark, plus hours of operation, visit www.hersheypark.com/seasons/halloween.php.
Laff Trakk is our favorite ride at Hersheypark, but I have to admit…it WAS scarier with the lights out!
Creatures Of The Night at ZooAmerica
Just like the rest of the year, your one-price admission to hersheypark in the Dark also includes admission to ZooAmerica. Starting at 6:00pm every night, guest are encouraged to come to the Zoo with their flashlights to experience Creatures of the Night…after dark and after-hours. This is the only time of the year when guests can experience ZooAmerica in the dark!
- See ZooAmerica’s newest additions – two black bears and two armadillos!
- Guests may observe the nocturnal habits of North American species with programs and activities nightly starting at 6:00pm (like howling with the wolves!)
- Pumpkin treats for select animals.
My girls and I thought it would be fun to howl with the wolves…and it was! Once people and wolves started howling at the full moon (and it really WAS a full moon!), it was hard not to join in.
Hershey’s Chocolate World
We love Hershey’s Chocolate World all year long (especially because it’s a place we can go for good food, entertainment, and as much candy as you could dream of….with free admission!) but like Hersheypark, Chocolate World has some Halloween-themed fun you don’t want to miss!
- Hershey’s Trick-Or-Treat Adventure: The candy collecting begins at Hershey’s Chocolate World and continues inside Hersheypark.
- Full Moon Fridays: Dress up and enter Hershey Hallow for spook-tacular music, dancing with the Hershey’s Characters and more ghostly activities.
- Flavors of Fall Dessert Festival: Bite into the delicious flavors of fall, such as the Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
- Trick-or-Treat Trolley: Limited edition tours featuring Milton Hershey’s life story in a fall themed Trolley with plenty of treats and no tricks.
- Tricky Treats & Sweets: Shop Halloween treats in Hershey’s largest candy store and pick up delightful sweets from the bakery.
The Hershey Story Museum
Visitors can learn about the history of chocolate at The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue, and families can experience Ghosts & Goodies: Kids are encouraged to wear their favorite costume as they create ghostly treats using Hershey’s candy. This is a FREE event and is held October 29 and 30 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Hershey Gardens lights up the night with more than 150 uniquely carved illuminated pumpkins and a variety of whimsical scarecrows that come to life along the path, during its annual Pumpkin Glow. Kids ages 12 and younger are invited to bring a flashlight, come in costume, trick-or-treat throughout the Gardens and experience the following activities:
- NEW See a unique collection of live spiders and insects in the Educational & Horticultural Wing of the Milton & Catherine Hershey Conservatory.
- Listen to a garden-themed story.
- Collect candy treats at stops along the Gardens’ paths.
- Watch live pumpkin carving demonstrations.
- Deluxe accommodations.
- Breakfast with Hershey’s Characters.
- One-day admission to Hersheypark In The Dark.
- Admission to Hershey Gardens (including the new year-round Butterfly Atrium).
- Admission to The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience.
- The package is available Friday and Saturday nights from October 14 -30 with prices starting from $469*.
Pumpkin Glow is from 6 to 8:30pm on October 21, 22, 28 and 29. Tickets may be purchased online at www.HersheyGardens.com or at the door. Please note, the Butterfly Atrium will be closed during Pumpkin Glow hours.
The Official Resorts of Hersheypark
Stay overnight at The Official Resorts of Hersheypark for the perfect fall getaway. Don’t forget that Hershey’s Water Works at Hershey Lodge is new this year and open all year round for guests!
There’s a special Hersheypark In The Dark Package available at Hershey Lodge which includes:
*Price is per room per night, based on a family of four. Excludes tax and gratuities. Other restrictions may apply.
The Spa At The Hotel Hershey
Through November 30, The Spa At The Hotel Hershey offers guests fall-themed treatments to relax their mind and body such as Pumpkin Latte Manicure & Pedicure, Pumpkin Soufflé Wrap and Pumpkin Spice Scrub. Please visit www.ChocolateSpa.com for treatments offerings, pricing and additional information.
For additional information, hours and pricing for Halloween In Hershey, please visit www.HersheyPA.com. Follow us on Twitter @HersheyPA, Instagram @TheSweetestPlaceOnEarth and enjoy the latest stories from Hershey, PA at Stories.HersheyPA.com.
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.