I am excited to introduce THE HIDDEN ORACLE, book one in Rick Riordan’s new THE TRIALS OF APOLLO series. We are long-time Rick Riordan fans here, so when I was asked to host this giveaway in celebration of the new book, I was all in! Disney-Hyperion is providing a prize pack for one winner from my site as well as sending me an identical prize pack. Affiliate links are used. All thoughts are my own.
There’s nothing better than a new book from Rick Riordan! I have read his previous series right alongside my kids, and I expect to do the same with the Trials of Apollo series, too. The Hidden Oracle hits stores and online as of May 3!
Fans of the Percy Jackson series will LOVE this new series – this time from the perspective of the god, Apollo. The premise of the new series sounds like it will be hilarious, full of adventure, and highly entertaining…but that’s exactly what we would expect from Rick Riordan.
ABOUT THE HIDDEN ORACLE
After angering his father Zeus, the god Apollo is cast down from Olympus. Weak and disoriented, he lands in New York City as a regular teenage boy. Now, without his godly powers, the four-thousand-year-old deity must learn to survive in the modern world until he can somehow find a way to regain Zeus’s favor.
But Apollo has many enemies—gods, monsters, and mortals who would love to see the former Olympian permanently destroyed. Apollo needs help, and he can think of only one place to go . . . an enclave of modern demigods known as Camp Half-Blood.
Read an Excerpt at the Official Site
The Hidden Oracle is being released with five retail-specific editions that all hit shelves on May 3rd. Each edition includes a unique insert that you can get exclusively from that retailer. Collect them all!
- Barnes & Noble Exclusive Edition includes a Camp Half-Blood letter from Apollo to Zeus!
- Target Exclusive Edition includes an illustrated map of Apollo’s Trials at Camp Half-Blood
- Books-a-Million Exclusive Edition includes an Apollo Bumper Sticker (“I’d Rather be Driving by Sun Chariot”)
- Walmart Exclusive Edition includes a 2-sided bookmark with character art of Apollo and his mortal counterpart, Lester.
- Costco Exclusive Edition includes an illustrated poster depicting the “Plague of Secrets” scene from The Hidden Oracle
Enjoy This Hidden Oracle Activity Kit
- Click the link to download the Activity Kit or click the image below to be taken to the PDF of the Activity Kit
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE HIDDEN ORACLE
- Learn more at ReadRiordan.com
- Follow Disney on Twitter and Instagram
- Follow Rick on Twitter and Instagram
- ‘Like’ Percy Jackson on Facebook
- Follow hashtag #TrialsofApollo
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Rick Riordan, dubbed “Storyteller of the Gods” by Publishers Weekly, is the author of three #1 New York Times best-selling middle grade series with millions of copies sold throughout the world: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, based on Greek mythology; the Kane Chronicles, based on Ancient Egyptian mythology; and the Heroes of Olympus, based on Greek and Roman mythology.
Rick collaborated with illustrator John Rocco on two best-selling collections of Greek myths for the whole family: Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods and Percy Jackson’s Greek Heroes. The first book in his Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard trilogy based on Norse mythology, The Sword of Summer, also debuted at #1 on the New York Times list.
Rick lives in Boston, Massachusetts with his wife and two sons. Follow him on Twitter at @camphalfblood.
ENTER TO WIN!
One (1) winner from Food Fun Family will receive the following prize pack:
- The Hidden Oracle (one of the exclusive editions with a surprise insert);
- $25 Visa gift card
Note: this giveaway is open to US addresses only. This giveaway will end on May 16, 2016 at 11:59 pm ET. A winner will be chosen at random after the end date and notified via email. An alternate winner may be chosen if the winner does not respond within 48 hours. Thanks for entering and good luck! Prizing and samples provided by Disney-Hyperion.
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.