It never fails. May is always scorching hot. I can’t wait for the pool to open and schools to close and to get started on THE SUMMER….only to have June begin and bring with it cooler temperatures and lots of rain. And yet, despite the fact that it hasn’t been feeling quite like summer this past week, there’s a certain FEEL in the air. Something feels different as we prepare to transition from the school year and homework and waking up before the sun to the lazier days of summer.
With focus shifting to the coming summer season, I thought it would be fun to build this month’s writing prompts on summer themes.
What will you write about this month?
Writing Prompts for June
- My favorite childhood summer-time past-time was…
- Describe your most memorable summer.
- Make a summer bucket list (would it be the same or different if you made a bucket list for your kids?).
- How did you spend your summer days when you were a kid? How do your kids spend their summer days? How do they compare?
- Share your summer reading plans (if you don’t have any goals yet, join the Scholastic summer reading program!).
- Share a summer-friendly recipe.
- Top 10 songs on your summer playlist.
- 10 ways to keep your kids occupied (and not bored or playing video games) during the summer.
- Create a craft with your kids and share how you made it!
- 5 places you would love to visit if money and time weren’t a factor.
- 10 things you’ll miss about the school year.
- Top 5 things that happened in the 2014-2015 school year.
- What’s inside your swim bag?
- Show off you summer-time fashion (or have your kids be the models for some adorable fashion trends)
- What is the one thing you struggle with the most when your kids are on summer break? What do you look forward to the most when your kids are off school?
Have a fabulous month of June…and enjoy the summer!
© 2015, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.
You are full of great ideas that make the most of the month of June! Thanks.
Thanks for the great ideas!!!
Nicole Dziedzic says
I love your long list of writing ideas for the month of June, awesome topics to inspire everyone else. I would love to see some of these posts from you, and ideas.