I’ve been making this dish for as long as I can remember.
Someone asked me for my recipe for kielbasa and potatoes a while back and I was a little flustered. This has always been one of those dishes that really doesn’t need a traditional recipe…but it’s still a dish worth sharing.
This has spent years at the top of my family’s favorite dinner list. Kids and parents alike enjoy it because it’s tasty and I love it in particular because it’s SO easy to throw together.
I’ll share the “recipe” with you tonight…but I promise you: once the IDEA of this easy dinner recipe is in your brain, you won’t need to fall back on the recipe (wait, does that mean this post will be useless after today??). You’ll be hooked on how easy it is!
- 1 package (12-16 ounces) kielbasa or smoked sausage - any variety works
- About 6 potatoes (I recommend about one potato per person), cut into bite-sized pieces (I like skin-on)
- Beans or peas or edamame
- Optional: ½ onion, chopped
- About 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place cut potato chunks into a large pot of boiling water. Boil potatoes for 5-8 minutes, or until just under-cooked.
- While the potatoes are cooking, slice smoked sausage/kielbasa. Saute sausage in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Scoop slightly undercooked potatoes into sauce pan with sausage. Add a small amount of water (1/4-1/3 cup) from the pot of water into the pan. Stir and cover. Cook, covered, for 3-4 minutes.
- Uncover and add your vegetable of choice. Add Italian seasonings; sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Stir and saute until water is evaporated and potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork.
Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
- Mexican Pizza by Jen’s Journey
- Flanksteak Sandwiches by Around My Family Table
- Broccoli Slaw & Ramen Salad Recipe by Our Healthy Life Journey
BLOGGERS: Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group (for bloggers) to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.
© 2014 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.