Two of my kids and I were able to visit Kings Dominion this past weekend for KidsFest and we had a blast! This post is sponsored by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company in conjunction with Blog Meets Brand, and I have been compensated for my participation. All opinions are my own.
Kings Dominion is welcoming back its wildly successful KidsFest for a second year and you are invited!
What is KidsFest? I’ll tell you! KidsFest is the most fun, family-friendly weekend(s) EVER at Kings Dominion! Yes, even big kids like mine LOVED KidsFest! KidsFest takes place at Planet Snoopy and is a celebration of all things kids-related, from concerts and crafts to activities, shows, and so much more! KidsFest started this past weekend (7/16-7/17) and next weekend (7/23-7/24) from 12pm to 5pm.
PLUS – (this is exciting!) Everyone Pays Kids Price when you buy your tickets online to come during KidsFest.
We started our KidsFest day at the Imagination Movers concert – front row, center stage. It was a blast! Yes, it was HOT but at least we were sitting and out of the sun for a little while. Imagination Movers put on an energetic, fun show – perfect for all ages!
One of our favorite experiences of the day was the Cirque Imagine acrobatics show. Not only were the performers super talented, but they were funny, too! We especially loved the cool auditorium that provided a welcome rest from the heat!
You can see Cirque Imagine at the Kings Dominion Theater from June 18 – September 5. Shows are Tuesday – Friday, Sunday 2:00, 4:00, 6:00 and
Saturday 2:00, 3:30, 5:30, 7:00.
The entertainment during KidsFest ROCKS! This was our favorite part of last weekend’s visit for sure! We rocked out during the Imagination Movers concert from our front row, center seats, and even had a free meet and greet with the Movers themselves afterwards! My daughter bought a hat and had all 4 Movers sign the rim. She may be 17, but it was “best day ever!” quality!
- Imagination Movers – Get ready to move and groove with the Imagination Movers! Join us in the PEANUTS™ Showplace for two free concerts at 1pm and 4pm on Saturday, July 16. (PAST)
- Choo Choo Soul All Aboard! – Choo Choo Soul will be performing at the PEANUTS™ Showplace on Saturday, July 23 at 1pm and 4pm
- Power UP! Dance Party – Shake it and groove it at our Power UP! Dance parties! 12:00pm-1pm & 2:30pm-3:30pm.
- Mad Science – This is not your typical science education show! Join Atomic Ali and learn more about science in a fun and interactive way. At PEANUTS Playhouse 12:30pm-1:00pm & 2:45pm-3:15pm.
- Animal Education Show – Enjoy this wild show full of different animals. Get your questions ready — this engaging show will teach you all about the starring animals and their habitats. At PEANUTS Playhouse 2:00pm-2:30pm & 3:30pm-4:00pm.
- Party with the PEANUTS™ Gang – Hang out with the PEANUTS™ gang! Join Snoopy, Charlie Brown and the rest of the gang to celebrate your day at Kings Dominion. Take a break and party with them daily at 2pm and 5pm at the Snoopy Fountain!
- Snoopy’s Starlight Spectacular – End your day of fun with Snoopy’s Starlight Spectacular! Take in the vibrant light and music extravaganza from the International Street fountain to the Carousel. 10pm-Closing
BONUS: The Kings Dominion Clown Band is not a KidsFest-only event. I recommend enjoying them everyday! They are so much fun and FUNNY! These are clowns that will make your kids laugh and clap and dance along to the music (not run away in fear!). Watch for their shows – they roam around the park so you never know when you’ll see them!
Kids of all ages can enjoy a ton of free activities (included for free with park admission), including crafts, a visit with the Hanover Fire Department and a chance to climb inside a real fire truck, Lola the CLown an her amazing balloon animals, and coloring pages (you can even print off your own pages to color at home!
Of course, a day at Kings Dominion would not be complete without your favorite rides! There are rides for ALL ages at the park – my big kids like the thrilling rollercoasters, but I’m more fond of the Carousel and Peanuts Turnpike!
POKEMON GO AT KINGS DOMINION
Kings Dominion is a gold mine of Pokestops and Gyms. We played while walking around the park and standing in line and had SO MUCH FUN working on OUR Pokemon collection together (yes, we have one game that we work on as a family). We found a ton of new Pokemon that we’d never encountered before, and we collected so many items at Pokestops that our storage was at capacity. Kings Dominion is a great place to play Pokemon GO as a family!
Connect with Kings Dominion
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.