I am heading out to BlogHer in New York City in just over 2 days. I am SO excited. But I admit that I’m a little stressed, too. There are a few things still left to do before I head on the Hershey’s DC bloggers mega train to New York on Thursday morning (more details on THAT later!).
Here is my list of things to do before I head out:
- Make a list of all of the cell phone numbers and email addresses of the bloggers that I am dying to meet. Plug phones and email into my iTouch AND my cell phone so that I won’t be scrambling to look for those numbers when I need them.
- Charge all electronics and pack all charging cords.
- Figure out what in the world I am going to wear.
- Take the kids’ insurance cards out of my wallet (and pray that no one gets sick or hurt while I’m gone!)
- Finish the laundry!!
- Come up with some organized way to collect and store business cards.
- Find an extra, collapsible bag to bring home all that extra swag.
- Shop for some extra snacks for the road and for the hotel stay (I don’t want to go hungry in between classes!)
- Paint my toe nails!
- Organize all of my classes, events and parties into one comprehensive list.
- Get cash from the bank!
- Print off all of my party tickets and put them in my computer bag.
- Find a notebook to bring along (I WILL be taking notes)
- Pack a few extra memory cards for my camera (I’ll be taking lots of pictures, especially as one of the official photographers for the e.l.f. Cosmetics/Xbox Glamour and Games party on Saturday AND the i heart faces Photo Walk on Thursday!)…and remember to install Lightroom 3 on my laptop so that I can upload and edit pictures on the go.
- Find an extra tutu for my roommate, Safire, to wear for the BlogHer 5k on Friday morning (I don’t want her to feel left out next to my amazing tutu from Manic Mother!)
- Get some sleep.
- Find all of my bloggy business cards and signature lollipops to hand out (and figure out a creative way to carry them?!)
- Narrow down my list of shoes to bring.
- Gather some bling to wear.
- One last shopping trip (wish me luck on finding the perfect dress to wear to accept my award from SEED at their exclusive party on Thursday night!)
Are you heading to BlogHer as well? Are you ready? Or does your to-do list look something like mine?
If you’ll be in NYC this weekend and would like to meet up, send me a quick email. I’d love to bump into you!
© 2010, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.