It’s almost March, and that means everything is turning GREEN! I had a little fun in the kitchen this week and made some peppermint chocolate bark – colored green, of course! I was thrilled with how easy this was to make, and YOU will be thrilled with how yummy it is!
This week, we’re taking a break from our traditional dinner recipes and posting anything. It shouldn’t surprise anyone that I automatically went for a St. Patrick’s Day dessert.
- 12 ounce package white chocolate chips or melting chocolates
- 3-4 chocolate graham crackers, finely crushed
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- green food coloring
- ¼ cup ground nuts
- ? cup Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips (or regular-sized Andes, broken into small pieces)
- Crush chocolate graham crackers (I like to throw the crackers into my small Ninja food processor, but you can put them in a ziploc bag and let the kids crush them by hand).
- Spread cracker crumbs on a wax paper-covered cookie sheet.
- Melt white chocolate chips in a small pan over medium heat. Stir constantly until melted.
- Remove melted chocolate from heat and add peppermint extract and food coloring (just a few drops, until you’ve got the desired color).
- Pour melted chocolate gently over cracker crumbs. Spread with a flat spatula to get to the desired thickness. Sprinkle hot bark with nuts and Andes chips.
- Cool and break into bite-sized pieces. Store in a cool location.
Don’t want nuts? I only put nuts on half of my leprechaun bark – the kids like it better that way.
PS – want another delicious recipe with Andes chips? These mint chocolate chip cookies are to-die-for!
Today we are all sharing recipes that are 15 minutes or less, whether it’s a smoothie, holiday dessert, or a quick snack. Having a bunch of recipes that only takes a few minutes in your recipe tool box is good thing! Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
Follow 15 Minute Suppers on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
and look for the #15MinuteSuppers hashtag too!
- Layered Strawberry Banana Smoothies from Around My Family Table
- Easy Healthy Mac ‘n Cheese from Food 4 Little Ones
- Gyro Pizza from Just 2 Sisters
- Easy Breakfast Roll-Ups from Home Cooking Memories
- Homemade Hummus and Pita Chips from Jen’s Journey
Head over to our #15MinuteSuppers Pinterest Board to see all the past recipes and more delicious goodness!
BLOGGERS: Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group (for bloggers) to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.
© 2014 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.
Yummy. I love easy treats and barks are always so tasty. Thanks for sharing it on Merry Monday. Pinned.
FUN HOLIDAY RECIPE!
What a green minty treat! It looks so tasty. I’m sure the kids will love this.
Michele Brosius says
OH my! There’s nothing like the taste of mint and chocolate!
Pui Hua says
OMG, this look too tempting, must give this a try!
shelly peterson says
what a yummy and festive looking dessert! the kids would love to try this.
Wendy | Around My Family Table says
My kids love Andes mints! I remember my grandma having them for a special after-dinner treat when I was a girl. I think I’ll do the half nut version too. What is it about kids and nuts? :)