This week at the beach has not only been heavenly. It has been eye opening. Sometimes it takes a vacation and a complete break from work to make needed changes become more blaringly obvious.
Here are a few things that my Florida vacation has reminded me about this week:
– Eight hours of sleep is really nice (and something I should strive to get more often)
– It doesn’t need to be a special occasion to play games together.
– I spend too much time on the computer and not enough time sitting on the carpet playing with my kids.
– I am really lucky to have amazing in laws.
– My kids have great ideas sometimes. Not all the time, but frequently.
– Good food makes me happy. I need to get back in the habit of cooking good food instead of easy food.
– Despite what my 8 year old says, I am not a “skinny mom” and I really want to be more active.
– Regardless of how I look, my 6 year old thinks I am “a beauty” and that is enough for me.
– Taking a break every once in a while is great medicine for the soul.
– It is possible to blog from the side of the pool. As long as the pool has WiFi.
© 2011, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.