I have a hard time writing “recipes” for sandwiches, because…well, they’re sandwiches. Get two slices of bread, layer them with yummy ingredients, slice in two and eat.
Sandwiches can be as simple as the peanut-butter-only lunches I make every morning for my 3rd grade son, but they can also be filling enough to eat for dinner.
BLTs are a favorite at our house – bacon, lettuce, and tomato with some mayo on toasted bread – but every once in a while I like to make loaded BLTs for fun. They really don’t take much extra preparation time, but the extra deliciousness added in between the toasted bread is totally worth it!
How to Make a Loaded Guacamole BLT Recipe in 15 Minutes
- Cooked bacon (about 3 slices per sandwich)
- Thinly sliced tomato
- Iceberg lettuce
- Red onion, sliced into thin rings
- Regular OR chipotle mayonnaise
- Deli cheese, if desired (I recommend pepper jack cheese)
- Bread, toasted
- Cook bacon to desired level of crispiness. Slice tomato and tear bread-sized leafs of lettuce. Slice red onion and break apart rings.
- Toast bread at the last moment. Spread warm bread with mayo and layer with all of your desired ingredients - as much or as little as you want. My recommendation? Make your BLT a LOADED BLT!
BLTS are so simple and quick but so delicious! The addition of guacamole, spicy mayo, and a slice of pepper jack cheese (my favorite!) totally kick this “ordinary” sandwich up a notch. I’m craving another now!
Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
Loaded Guacamole BLTs by Better in Bulk
Skinny Alfredo Sauce by Our Healthy Life Journey
Creamy Homemade Mac N Cheese Spirals by Famished Fish, Finicky Shark
Tropical Smoothies with Chia Seeds by Around My Family Table
BLOGGERS: Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group (for bloggers) to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.
© 2014, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.