This post is part of a Master Lock Back-to-School sponsored post campaign with Global Influence, but all thoughts are my own.
In a matter of weeks, I’ll have 2 kids in high school, one in middle school, and 2 in elementary school. A year from now, we’ll be sending our oldest off to college and I’m already stressing about all that we have to do to prepare to send a child to school in another state. I feel like it will take the entire year just to get everything we need ready to set her loose on campus for the first time.
As the kids get older I’ve noticed that they have more and more PRICEY back to school needs. Those graphing calculators alone (with 3 kids in advanced math classes) are enough to kill me. Between the calculators, the iPods, the cell phones and their expensive sneakers there are too many valuables going back and forth between home and school. It worries me.
Just last year, KitKat’s new Apple earbuds were sitting in her backpack in class. On the way home, she reached into her backpack to pull her earbuds out and noticed that someone had removed her $30 headphones and carefully replaced them with cheap, used headphones. It was disappointing, to say the least.
It appears that I’m not the only parent who worries about what her kids take back and forth between home and school:
- According to a survey conducted by Survey Monkey among Americans, 60 percent of people worry about the security of their belongings while they or their children are at school
- In the same survey, 1 in 4 Americans say their child cannot always remember their combination or struggle to open their lock
- According to an ORC International Report ‘School/Theft Statistics,’ electronics (cell phones, iPods and laptops) are the most commonly stolen items on college campuses
- According to a 2011 National Retail Federation Study, college freshmen spend an average of $281 of their back to school budgets on electronics
Keep your student’s most important possessions safe with Master Lock products…and have one less thing to worry about when you send your kids off to school.
About Master Lock Back To School Products:
- dialSpeed Digital Combination Lock: Features an electronic light-up keypad with an online Backup Master Code that users can retrieve from Masterlockvault.com. It can store multiple resettable guest codes, too. Wow!
- SafeSpace™ Portable Safe: Stash cash, jewelry, credit cards, phones and more in this portable safe for security anywhere you go.
- SafeSpace™ Laptop Computer Lock: Perfect for college students, the SafeSpace allows you to walk away from your laptop without worrying about it being taken.
- Speed Dial™ Set-Your-Own Combination Lock: the first padlock that opens on directional movements (up, down, left, right) instead of the traditional rotary dial.
- Set-Your-Own Combination Locks: Students will love being able to set a custom, personalized combo that they can remember easily.
- Master Lock Vault: A true digital safe deposit box – Securely store your private data in the cloud for easy access anytime, anywhere.
Join the Master Lock Back-to-School Twitter Party
When: Tuesday, August 6th from 8:00 to 9:00 p.m. ET
Where: #MasterBacktoSchool on Twitter (RSVP on the main party post at ResourcefulMommy.com)
During the party, one Grand Prize winner will receive an incredible prize pack (valued at $626) which includes an iPad 2 16GB and a Homework Station Prize Pack in addition to a ton of other prizes (see the party post for more details).
About Master Lock Master Campus Challenge
From July 15 through September 8, Master Lock is hosting the Master Campus Challenge, an interactive online game that gives users the chance to win gift cards, video games, electronics and Master Lock products.
Each week, there will be a new challenge where consumers can crack the code on an animated lock. Players will be given a hint during the game and can also get hints on the Master Lock Facebook page. Players can will daily instant prizes by playing as well as earn earn entries (up to 12 points a day) into the weekly sweepstakes and towards the grand prize.
Consumers can earn points for a chance at the grand prize and a digital SLR camera by using the hashtag #MasterCampusChallenge on Instagram or Twitter. Just snap a creative picture or video of how you use your Master Lock products and upload it to Instagram or Twitter.
© 2013, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.