I am so excited to share this amazing recipe for mini pumpkin churros. Samples and prizing are provided by Crown Publishing. All thoughts are my own.
Pumpkin churros. Are you drooling yet? I am completely, wholeheartedly in love with this recipe from Bobby Flay….and if the rest of the recipes in his new cookbook, Brunch @ Bobby’s, are half as good as this one, then we’re going to be in trouble. In a good way…
About Brunch @ Bobby’s
At long last, Bobby shares his simplest, most sought-after recipes—while still delivering his signature intense flavors.
Bobby Flay may be best known for his skills at the grill, but brunch is his favorite meal of the week. In Brunch @ Bobby’s he includes 140 recipes starting with the lip-smacking cocktails, both spiked and virgin, that we have come to expect from him, along with hot and iced coffees and teas. He then works his way through eggs; pancakes, waffles, and French toast (including flavored syrups and spreads); pastries (a first) and breads; salads and sandwiches; and side dishes. Pull up a seat and enjoy a Sangria Sunrise, Carrot Cake Pancakes with Maple-Cream Cheese Drizzle, Sautéed Bitter Green Omelets, and Wild Mushroom-Yukon Gold Hash. This is how Bobby does brunch.
Here is a sneak peek at a few of the other recipes in Bobby’s new cookbook:
Ready to see how to make these mouth-watering, make-your-house-smell-like-heaven pumpkin churros now?
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Vegetable or canola oil, for frying
- Chocolate-Orange Dipping Sauce (recipe below)
- Whisk together the flour, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, the cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl.
- Bring 1 1/2 cups water, the pumpkin puree, butter, and vanilla to a boil in a medium saucepan, whisking constantly. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined; the batter will be thick. Continue mixing and add the eggs, one at a time. The dough will be thick and smooth. Put the dough into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Stir together the sugar with the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon in a small baking dish. Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a high-sided saute pan until it reaches 350 degrees F on a deep-fry thermometer. Working in batches, pipe the dough directly into the pan, cutting off the pieces with scissors. Fry, turning as needed, until golden and crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the churros from the oil and transfer them to the baking sheet to drain for 30 seconds. Toss in the cinnamon-sugar. Serve hot with the dipping sauce.
Chocolate-Orange Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Zest of 1 orange, removed with a vegetable peeler
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Combine the heavy cream and the strips of zest in a small saucepan, bring to a simmer, remove from heat, and let steep for 15 minutes.
- Discard the strips of zest, return the pan to medium heat, and bring to a simmer. Put the chocolate in a medium bowl, add the hot cream, and let sit for let sit for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the grated zest. Serve warm.
About the Authors
BOBBY FLAY, New York Times bestselling author, is the chef-owner of five fine-dining restaurants, including Gato, Bar Americain, Mesa Grill, and Bobby Flay Steak, and an expanding roster of Bobby’s Burger Palaces. He is the host of numerous popular cooking shows on Food Network—from the Emmy-winning Bobby Flay’s Barbecue Addiction to Iron Chef America, Throwdown! with Bobby Flay, and Food Network Star—as well as Brunch @ Bobby’s on Cooking Channel. His website is www.bobbyflay.com.
STEPHANIE BANYAS has been Bobby Flay’s business assistant since 1996. She is the coauthor of Bobby Flay’s Barbecue Addiction; Bobby Flay’s Throwdown!; Bobby Flay’s Burgers, Shakes & Fries; Bobby Flay’s Grill It!; Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill Cookbook; and Bobby Flay’s Grilling for Life. Stephanie and her cat, Fred, divide their time between New York City and Woodstock, New York.
SALLY JACKSON lives in New York City with her husband, their children, and one especially well-fed poodle. This is her seventh cookbook with Bobby Flay and Stephanie Banyas.
Connect with Bobby Flay
Learn more on BobbyFlay.com
Enter to WIN!
- A copy of Brunch @ Bobby’s
- A $50 Visa gift card!
This giveaway is open to US addresses only. Prizing and samples provided by Crown Publishing. A winner will be drawn at random and notified via email. Winners need to respond within 36 hours or a new winner will need to be drawn. Good luck!
© 2015, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.